diy solar

diy solar

Throw a kettle at Leoch Carbon AGM batteries to Desulfate them

KateyjaneVanLife

Have 2 130 amp-hour carbon AGM and have a useful way of Desulfation.

After a long consultation with Leoch batteries UK, after my batteries failed and became lazy with a maximum charge of just 12.3 we came up with ways to manage the batteries when they will never to hooked up to the mains for charging.

After testing a few items out along with them, we came up with a guide for these batteries and this may work with others.

let the battery go into float charge via your normal charging like MPPT, then hit them hard with either a mains kettle, water heater or anything that will heavy load. it only need to be for a few minutes.

I use my vans kettle which pulls 98 amps. this helps to recover the upper charge greatly. i try this once a week or at any time i get the chance to use the kettle for drink or cooking. but you must make sure your batteries will hit float afterwards or get it as close as possible.

Doing this has been keeping the batteries in great condition for 3 years and has brought them back from just 12.3 volts to 13.3 at rest.

We joked and said, when they get lazy and want to sit and watch tv throw the kettle at them lol.

LEOCH SUPERIOR LEAD CARBON AGM 160AH BATTERY LDC12-145 these have changed since i bought mine.

Back