diy solar

diy solar

Time to replace my 2V FLA

OzSolar

Whatever you did, that's what you planned.
If you weren't in a big hurry where you would get 280AH (or larger) LiFeP04 cells? I'm pretty leery of Alibaba/Express, so many horror stories and I'd rather not be another one. If money were no object I pick out 3 or 4 different suppliers and roll the dice on at least one being legit.

My 23 year old Rolls 1104 AH@ 48v (24S1P) FLA battery bank is on its way out so I need to do something. My inverter's are old school Trace SW4048's that still have some life left in them so I'll be sticking with them for now.

I'm comparing building my own pack vs. waiting for server rack batteries to get a bit cheaper which they probably won't. I'm in no hurry as I'm grid tied now and have a 20kW gennie.

I'd think enjoy building a battery, especially if something that saves me a fair bit of money. I'll fine with something in the 15 kWH which matches up nicely to a 16S1P set of ~280AH LiFeP04 cells.

That about as far as I've gotten. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Edit: it's now limping along as a 23S1P battery bank.

Last edited:
I can only share my experience. In the last year I bought 4 orders of 16 280 ah EVE cells from Docan Tech, 64 cells in total. All were in perfect condition and extremely well matched. I've built 4 batteries, 24v @ 560 ah each, and the cells are typically within 5 millivolts of each other across the charge range. I've been extremely happy with the outcome. Lots of others have had similar experiences.

I can only share my experience. In the last year I bought 4 orders of 16 280 ah EVE cells from Docan Tech, 64 cells in total. All were in perfect condition and extremely well matched. I've built 4 batteries, 24v @ 560 ah each, and the cells are typically within 5 millivolts of each other across the charge range. I've been extremely happy with the outcome. Lots of others have had similar experiences.
Thank you. Google sends me here. Same folks?

Thank you. Google sends me here. Same folks?
That's the site. I've never ordered from it, instead I email Jenny Wu and deal with her directly. I'll let you know what she quotes me at for 16 280s from China.
See attached screen snip for contact info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220619-161139.jpg
    Screenshot_20220619-161139.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 6
Back