diy solar

diy solar

Tin Snips

SolarRich

The tin snips I've been using for many years are finally shot.
Anyone have any recommendations for good quality long lasting snips?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set of Wiss, I think Crescent bought them out. I've eyed up the Milwaukee at HD but already have the Wiss and my tool addiction has been replaced with solar ?.
If Knipex makes a set they're pretty much guaranteed to be solid.

I have a set of Wiss tin snips. I'm guessing they're 30 years old. They still cut well. I even have the holster they came with.

I'm going to guess that Harbor Freight is NOT recommended.
I bought a pair of them a while back when I forgot my Wiss, they worked but were noticeably cheaper in everything from ergonomics to finish.
They're still in one of my boxes somewhere.
I have a few of there hand tools that have held up to years of abuse so far, my favorite being the 3/8 composite ratchet.

I have a few of there hand tools that have held up to years of abuse so far, my favorite being the 3/8 composite ratchet.
I'll have to check out the composite ratchet, sounds like just the thing for working around LFP battery cells.

I have to admit having a few Harbor Freight items such as their hydraulic knock out punch. At $69 (few years ago) after the coupon discount its perfectly fine for occasional use as compared to a Greenlee for 10 times the price.
Perhaps their quality is getting better but have had an angle grinder that lasted a full 2 minutes before the bevel gears stripped and that was with no load. Then there was the Predator 212cc gasoline engine that ran ok but blew clouds of blue smoke from day 1 even with what should have been a good break in routine.
To be fair, my Craftsman ratchets, all 3 sizes, have broken springs on the reversing lever but at least that took 25 years.

Back