diy solar

diy solar

Tiny House 24v 4000watt - HELP PLEASE!

MushroomMan

I am hoping to go OVERBOARD on my system (Just bought 2 of the 100 ah batteries and stopped there).

I will have a Energy Star refrigerator/freezer OR switch to a Chest Freezer and convert to a refrigerator using a sensor regulator.
Propane Washer / Dryer and lots of DC lights and fans (possible an air conditioner UNTIL my GeoThermal Air Conditioner is finished (just uses a small computer fan).

That being said I saw the video of the: Off-grid Tesla Solar Charger: 4kw solar input, 3kw AC output but UPGRADE to the 4000W Heavy Duty Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter DC24V to AC120V from the 3000W on the video.

That being said is this good for a house or just to recharge Tesla Cars?

When I upgrade to the 4000W Heavy Duty Pure Sine Wave does anything else need to change?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

You're doing it wrong. The way you design a system is to define what you need it to do. Maybe the "Tesla Charger" system will work for you. Maybe not.

First step is to consult the sticky in Beginner's Corner... get a grasp of the basics.

Second step is to use link #5 in my signature to determine the available solar hours for your location, panel orientation and tilt. Pick the month with the lowest # of hours. It will be an input in the next step.

Third step is to use link #1 in my signature and itemize all the items you need to power, their watts (volts * amps if they don't have watts listed) and how many hours per day.

The spreadsheet basically establishes the design parameters for the system that meets your needs. Once you know your NEED, then you go OVERBOARD as desired.

Good luck!

I agree with @snoobler ("You're doing it wrong.") I actually decided on my batteries last. Usually, you base your battery bank on usage * number of hours w/o PV input.

In some cases (you already have solar setup,) you can over-engineer your battery bank based on your current configuration of PV input in order to maximize your (unplanned) downtime. In my case, my batteries are topped off by noon most days (I live in So. AZ, so sun is abundant.) So I'm investing in more batteries so I can have plenty of nighttime power on tap or making it through those hot monsoon summer days where it stays cloudy for a few days in a row, but is still reaching 100F by noon.

Let us know how the audit goes and then you'll have the data to evaluate your options.

Back