diy solar

diy solar

Tiny Spectrum Analyzer

JoeHam

Solar Wizard
When I brought up the Tiny VNA months ago some folks found it helpful.

Here again is a product in the $50 range that won’t replace a multi kilobuck analyzer but it does a crazy good job.

I ordered one from here April 29 and it should arrive this weekend.

No affiliation other than as a satisfied customer.

Depends on what you are doing with it. No value to me as the bandwidth is so small, won’t even get in the 1 ghz range.

Depends on what you are doing with it. No value to me as the bandwidth is so small, won’t even get in the 1 ghz range.
Curious as to what you would do with a spectrum analyzer at +960 MHz. That’s a pretty reserved band for things such as NAVAIDS and ATC radars that us mere mortals are not allowed to dabble in. This would be good to analyze things like HAM radio, FM radio, among many other things.

For home use <960 MHZ would be perfect.

For work, I may be looking at something > 960 MHZ, but that would not be hobby tinkering type stuff. The wrong frequency could take down IFF transponders pretty easily.

Wow, I have never heard a bandwidth of 100 kHz to 960 Mhz described as "so small".

This definitely won't work for your application and I will bet that you would spend significantly more than $50 for an instrument that will.

Perhaps an order of magnitude (or two) more.

I am licensed for 1.2 gHz and up but stuff gets really expensive in the rare air up there. :cool:

Considering that home wi-fi 2.4 and 5 gig, that’s one place I would use a spectrum analyzer.
not sure how a spectrum analyzer would takedown iff transponders, they are just a listening device.

Usually when I’ve used the spectrum analyzers, it’s to monitor a separate piece of equipment I’m transmitting on.

Back