diy solar

diy solar

Tired of coddling batteries?

Firefly’s “Oasis” GROUP 31 Battery offers equal or superior performance compared to new and emerging battery technologies such as Li-Ion, Lead Carbon and Ultracap batteries at a fraction of the cost.

These batteries are marine grade, sealed and maintenance free. Manufacturer estimates a 5 to 10 year life cycle. With a daily discharge of 50% the manufacturer projects 3600 cycles which give you just shy of 10 years of operational life.

So if we shallow cycle lithium at only 50% DOD how many cycles do we get out of it? It's a lot more than 3600, that much I will say. :) I'm not against alternative battery construction / chemistry etc but I do wish they'd cut the BS.

So if we shallow cycle lithium at only 50% DOD how many cycles do we get out of it? It's a lot more than 3600, that much I will say. :) I'm not against alternative battery construction / chemistry etc but I do wish they'd cut the BS.
Right, at 50% cycling the Lithium will go twenty years before it begins to drop to 80% of it's totally capacity.

Back