diy solar

diy solar

Titan generator vs. AC300 or Delta Pro

Marc4274

So I almost pulled the trigger on the Delta Pro, but one thing keeps nagging me. It seems like the Delta Pro and AC300 have a pretty high self consumption compared to the Titan, along with the fact that you can use as much of the battery. Once you average those factors in, the Titan actually looks way more efficient than the others.

Am I off base here?

Only thing is the Titan uses NMC batteries - seems like people run them non-stop and do OK, but they may have a little shorter life. Any safety issues running the Titan continuous not be Life Po4?

So I almost pulled the trigger on the Delta Pro, but one thing keeps nagging me. It seems like the Delta Pro and AC300 have a pretty high self consumption compared to the Titan, along with the fact that you can use as much of the battery. Once you average those factors in, the Titan actually looks way more efficient than the others.

Am I off base here?

Only thing is the Titan uses NMC batteries - seems like people run them non-stop and do OK, but they may have a little shorter life. Any safety issues running the Titan continuous not be Life Po4?
Check out this video by Will

Thanks - a great video! I guess lots of folks run them all the time, so no worries there.

No - I wish! Still contemplating a Delta Pro as it's the only set up that we could run 240V to run our well pump. But for literally everything else I'd rather have a Titan - I am much more comfortable with their service and quality so far.

Is there any way you could run a well pump - not regularly, just as back up - with a Titan?

No - I wish! Still contemplating a Delta Pro as it's the only set up that we could run 240V to run our well pump. But for literally everything else I'd rather have a Titan - I am much more comfortable with their service and quality so far.

Is there any way you could run a well pump - not regularly, just as back up - with a Titan?
If you added a step up transformer.
But, it would use a lot of power.

As "timselectric" stated a step up transformer or if you had the option to change to a 120V pump. Point Zero Energy is coming out with a 240V system (unknown date). If I were you I'd call them and just have a serious conversation with them about your needs and see what they recommend...can't hurt!

Last edited:

Am I off base here?

If you buy the delta pro wait until Costco has it on sale again for 2850.00 , way cheaper than the Titan, its been at that price twice this year already and the beautiful part is if you buy it at Costco and the Titan 240 ever gets released or you just dont like it you can return it for a full refund , even years later , no questions asked.

If you buy the delta pro wait until Costco has it on sale again for 2850.00 , way cheaper than the Titan, its been at that price twice this year already and the beautiful part is if you buy it at Costco and the Titan 240 ever gets released or you just dont like it you can return it for a full refund , even years later , no questions asked.
I thought Costco's electronics return period is 90 days? Still a very generous return period compared to every other retailer though.

I thought Costco's electronics return period is 90 days? Still a very generous return period compared to every other retailer
Nope , I just reread there return policy and it itemizes all electronic devices that are only covered 90 days and a solar generator is not listed. I just returned 4 Lion energy batteries that were 2 years old for a full refund , 3000.00 dollars.

Nope , I just reread there return policy and it itemizes all electronic devices that are only covered 90 days and a solar generator is not listed. I just returned 4 Lion energy batteries that were 2 years old for a full refund , 3000.00 dollars.
I almost bought the Lion Energy at Costco but didn't like the fact that it doesn't have a 30A plug for me to connect to a manual transfer switch.

Do you mean the delta pro?
Delta Pro has a 120V 30A TT-30 outlet. Unless @RM100 meant a 240V L14-30 outlet, in which case you need 2 DPs and the Double Voltage Hub. You can get a TT-30 to L14-30 adapter that bridges the hots, but that could be an issue if there are any MWBC connected.

Do you mean the delta pro?
Delta Pro has a 120V 30A TT-30 outlet. Unless @RM100 meant a 240V L14-30 outlet, in which case you need 2 DPs and the Double Voltage Hub. You can get a TT-30 to L14-30 adapter that bridges the hots, but that could be an issue if there are any MWBC connected.
No, I meant the Lion Energy Solar All-in-One Generator didn't have the 30A plugs.

The DPs have the TT-30 outlet which is why I'm leaning towards that.

No, I meant the Lion Energy Solar All-in-One Generator didn't have the 30A plugs.

The DPs have the TT-30 outlet which is why I'm leaning towards that.
Not sure if this helps, but the DP is on sale for $2850 right now:

https://www.costco.com/.product.1632770.html

It’s semi-secret, as it doesn’t show up on Costco’s main search function. But you can get to it via the direct link.

Not sure if this helps, but the DP is on sale for $2850 right now:

https://www.costco.com/.product.1632770.html

It’s semi-secret, as it doesn’t show up on Costco’s main search function. But you can get to it via the direct link.
Thanks. The unit on that link has a max solar input is 1200W. I wonder if that is just an old product copy that Costco didn't update and the actual max solar input is 1600W?

Thanks. The unit on that link has a max solar input is 1200W. I wonder if that is just an old product copy that Costco didn't update and the actual max solar input is 1600W?
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. That's a typo. They've only ever made one batch of the pre-production 1200W PV units, and those have been sold months ago. Anything sold these days are the retail 1600W PV version. I'm active in the EF groups on Facebook. Several people actually bought DPs from Costco in the last couple of weeks, and confirmed it's all 1600W PV retail version.

As true as this is, it's kinda shady to return a product after a few years just because a newer model came out, don't you think?

Back