diy solar

diy solar

Titan Solar Generator 2000 With 3 Batteries

Dingoman

We just invested in the TITAN 2000 RIGID KIT with an extra battery: (currently will have 3 batteries (6,000w) / 2,000w panels). In the future we are looking at expanding to total of 6 batteries (12,000w).

Is this possible:
1. With the current 3 battery system I was looking into using the 30 amp output going into a smaller breaker box (dedicated to only Titan Solar Power) powering up to 4 to 8 breakers. This will run our 4 frig/freezers everyday. (upgrading the battery to 6 total at a later date) (extra breakers empty for future items).

2. With the above system also having it available for power outage to supliment our gas/propane 15,000 w generator.

If there is a breaker box that I should look into please let me know.

Also if you think this is completly stupid approach please tell me!

Many thanks for your help!

I have a Titan with just 1 battery and I run it through a manual transfer switch that allows me to feed 6 120 volt circuits in my house with out back feeding the grid and still keep all the 220 loads and anything not powered by the transfer switch up and running.
With those 6 circuits I can run my well, refrigerator, freezer, sump pump,TVs and almost every outlet and light in the house.
The one problem I had was making the Titans 120 volt output go into the 220 volt input of the transfer switch, the transfer switch has circuits AB&C run off one hot leg of the 220 plug and DE&F run off the other hot leg , if you wanted to run something 220 you would combine the circuits C&D together to make 1 220 circuit but I just wanted a 6 120 volt configuration so what I did was run 120 volts to the 220 plug on the AB&C side of the 220 plug and made a jumper wire from the AB&C side of the plug and jumped it to the DE&F side of the plug .
It works great and I use it all the time to shed load from the grid when the sun is out so I'm not cycling the battery.

Great thoughts here. I too have the Titan with 3 batteries (received 4-29-22) and getting ready to order the 4th battery (goal 5 batteries). Currently have 1,800 watts solar, and wanting to add 600 more for a total of 2,400 watts.

Back