diy solar

diy solar

Today's Daly SmartBMS Android App Update forces a firmware update which fails

I can not understand why you try to install an OFFENSIVELY buggy update into the system and then wonder if it goes wrong? Sorry but with such behavior my sympathy tends to zero. since your system, according to your own statement, ran perfectly, there was no reason at all for a firmware update until closer info on possibly fixed errors exist.

I can not understand why you try to install an OFFENSIVELY buggy update into the system and then wonder if it goes wrong? Sorry but with such behavior my sympathy tends to zero. since your system, according to your own statement, ran perfectly, there was no reason at all for a firmware update until closer info on possibly fixed errors exist.
Problem is that my new phone has set all my apps to automatically update. My mistake.

The firmware update is forced by the App. It is unavoidable once SmartBMS has loaded. The BMS is immediately locked out as soon as BT connects. You do not know about it before then.

Your experience obviously varies.

Had same issue. Used secondary android device. Made sure play store was set to not auto update apps, went to APKPure and downloaded the 2.2.5 older version of Smart BMS app, and side loaded it. It gave me back the control of both of my Daly BMS's and no longer prompting for upgrade. May not be the answer but maybe a workaround for some.

Had same issue. Used secondary android device. Made sure play store was set to not auto update apps, went to APKPure and downloaded the 2.2.5 older version of Smart BMS app, and side loaded it. It gave me back the control of both of my Daly BMS's and no longer prompting for upgrade. May not be the answer but maybe a workaround for some.
Did not work for me… Older version just showing some placeholder data. The same, as the last version, but do not ask for upgrades.

私にはうまくいきませんでした...古いバージョンでは、プレースホルダー データが表示されるだけです。前回のバージョンと同じですが、アップグレードは求めません。
私も2.25 6 8試しましたが駄目でした。
見れないだけで機能はしているのか?

Hey guys i resolved this issue

Heres what i did
Note my bms is a 150A 8s bms i have attached the file the sellers sent me
Pls contaxt seller to get your excat firm ware file.

1. Contacted seller requested firmware file

2. Got hold of a uart to usb cable

3 installed the usb software on the computer

4. Opened software. And opened the com port inside software
Software only shows comport is.open and green no parameters will be displayed

5. Opened update tab and selected update file and updated and issue was fixed.

Note update may fail if so pls unplug all the connections( to fully power doen bms and restsrt) to the bms including uart. Then only connect the negative lead and balance lead and nts temperature lead and uart , check id the bms is active by measuring if output voltage is there and then plug the uart to computer open comport on software and push update.
If it fails try again but fully power down bms by unplugging every thing and then make sure its actually turned on again before pushing update.

Attachments

• BmsGD32E230_309(31_221110_100T)基版本.zip
    48.1 KB · Views: 190
  • DalyBmsMonitorV9(1).zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 340
i have attached a few firmware files that should work with differnt versions of the Daly 150A 24v 8s bms

Attachments

• BmsGD32E230_309(31_221110_100T)基版本.zip
    48.1 KB · Views: 140
  • bms.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 251
Did not work for me!
Think my BMS is bricked (4S 12V 60A).

I will also have to join the people who have thrown their Daly BMS's in the bin.

Did not work for me!
Think my BMS is bricked (4S 12V 60A).

I will also have to join the people who have thrown their Daly BMS's in the bin.
Lol i was about to do it but contacted the seller and got the correct firmware file best contact the seller and get the firmware file and after that its just 5 mins to fix the issue
The files here may not work corrextly as there are multiple versions of hardware and software. Best contact seller and get firmware file.

Lol, ich wollte es gerade tun, habe aber den Verkäufer kontaktiert und die richtige Firmware-Datei erhalten. Wenden Sie sich am besten an den Verkäufer und holen Sie sich die Firmware-Datei. Danach sind es nur 5 Minuten, um das Problem zu beheben
Die Dateien hier funktionieren möglicherweise nicht richtig, da es mehrere Versionen von Hardware und Software gibt. Wenden Sie sich am besten an den Verkäufer und erhalten Sie eine Firmware-Datei.
Funktioniert es auch, wenn vorher der Zugriff per Bluetooth nach dem abgebrochenen Firmwareupdate nicht möglich war?

Do not reboot or disconnect BMS or it will not boot up again after this failed upgrade.
Basically I think I didn't do the upgrade because the code wasn't accept. So any upgrade has started... Anyway I will not boot up the BMS so I hope it will work as usual with its setup also if I can't check batteries status. Thanks for your reply and I hope DALY will solve sooner...

Es funtioniert, BMS gerettet! DANKE FORUM !!!
It works, BMS saved! THANK YOU FORUM!!!
(Daly BMS LiFePo4 80A 8S 24V)

tomex

Attachments

• 100T.jpg
    100T.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 235
i have attached a few firmware files that should work with differnt versions of the Daly 150A 24v 8s bms
Is it worth the risk to try on a 4s 200a one?

I do not get respons at all from where I get it from...

Hello everyone, I have the same problem. Is there also a solution for Daly BNS 4s 12v 200a RO5W1.
I would be very happy about an answer.

Back