diy solar

diy solar

Today's Daly SmartBMS Android App Update forces a firmware update which fails

vejeriego

SmartBMS updated this morning on my Android phone. On opening the App it will connect to the BMS but will provide no information (other than its serial number and firmware version). The App demands to install a "software" update (which I guess should be "firmware" update) which loads extremely slowly and fails every time at just under 60%.
The Daly BMS is now running entirely blind as I cannot see any parameters in the Bluetooth App.
BE WARNED.

Last edited:
Omg yess same it fails at 60 my bms is as follows i need the firmware file to try and update with the computer with Uart port.

Why the hell does dali force updated that breaks stuff , i cannot see any parameters or soc on the app the light board soc indicator also stopped working.

Attachments

• 20221224_011242.jpg
    20221224_011242.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 57
Update fail progress 60%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221224-120803_MX Player Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20221224-120803_MX Player Pro.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20221224-120755_MX Player Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20221224-120755_MX Player Pro.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 80
SmartBMS updated this morning on my Android phone. On opening the App it will connect to the BMS but will provide no information (other than its serial number and firmware version). The App demands to install a "software" update (which I guess should be "firmware" update) which loads extremely slowly and fails every time at just under 60%.
The Daly BMS is now running entirely blind as I cannot see any parameters in the Bluetooth App.
BE WARNED.
you find solution????

you find solution????
Not so far.

I've written to Daly and to the outfit I bought the BMS from.

I'm not really expecting any response because:
1) Daly are "famous" for ignoring their customers.
2) Given the level of Coronavirus infection in China at the moment, I doubt there is anyone in the office who can do serious work.

I don't need my battery bank for the next week or two. If nothing has been sorted by then, I guess I'll order a different BMS and join the long line of people who have chucked their Daly BMS into the bin.

SmartBMS updated this morning on my Android phone. On opening the App it will connect to the BMS but will provide no information (other than its serial number and firmware version). The App demands to install a "software" update (which I guess should be "firmware" update) which loads extremely slowly and fails every time at just under 60%. The Daly BMS is now running entirely blind as I cannot see any parameters in the Bluetooth AppD. SmartBMS updated this morning on my Android phone. On opening the App it will connect to the BMS but will provide no information (other than its serial number and firmware version). The App demands to install a "software" update (which I guess should be "firmware" update) which loads extremely slowly and fails every time at just under 60%. The Daly BMS is now running entirely blind as I cannot see any parameters in the Bluetooth App. BE WARNED. you find solution????

BE WARNED.

Not so far.

I've written to Daly and to the outfit I bought the BMS from.

I'm not really expecting any response because:
1) Daly are "famous" for ignoring their customers.
2) Given the level of Coronavirus infection in China at the moment, I doubt there is anyone in the office who can do serious work.

I don't need my battery bank for the next week or two. If nothing has been sorted by then, I guess I'll order a different BMS and join the long line of people who have chucked their Daly BMS into the bin.

Attachments

• BmsGD32E230_309(31_221110_100T)基版本.zip
    48.1 KB · Views: 328
BE WARNED.
I have the same problem.

Same problem here. Daly BMS 4S 100A. Update to 60% and fail. That was yesterday.
Today it even doesn't accept 123456 code to start update and "says" "Failed to query firmware informationerror".

Attachments

• photo_2022-12-24_14-14-13.jpg
    photo_2022-12-24_14-14-13.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 75
  • photo_2022-12-24_14-20-26.jpg
    photo_2022-12-24_14-20-26.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 71
same problem here too.
I tried to connect with PC but also could not read any value of the BMS. I had another battery pack I did not attempt the upgrade on and I could communicate with that pack using PC.

same problem here too.
I tried to connect with PC but also could not read any value of the BMS. I had another battery pack I did not attempt the upgrade on and I could communicate with that pack using PC.
I even tried using the PC program (PCMaster.exe) and it could not communicate with the BMS. Lucky for me, I had another battery pack which I did not attempt the upgrade on and I was able to connect to this pack using the PCMaster.exe. I found one of my android phones that had the old bluetooth app, I was not able to communicate with the pack I tried the update on but was able to read values of the other BMS which I did not upgrade.

Now I am very concerned if this pack that was attempted to be updated can even protect my cells.

Same stuff here.

Luckely I had another phone switched off and sleeping for a few weeks. Ik started it without internet connection, so it couldn't update the app. This way I could open Daly app like before...

On the other phone : Can anyone tell me what the "Secure firmware code " should be ? It is not the BT code for sure...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221224_125116_SMART BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20221224_125116_SMART BMS.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 20
Same problem for me. BMS doesn't accept 123456 as firmware code so I can't upgrade.
Hope the BSM will work with the oldest firmware / set-up till they will solve.
Basically I didn't upgrade at all... Simply smartbms app is unusable!

Same problem for me. BMS doesn't accept 123456 as firmware code so I can't upgrade.
Hope the BSM will work with the oldest firmware / set-up till they will solve.
Basically I didn't upgrade at all... Simply smartbms app is unusable!
Do not reboot or disconnect BMS or it will not boot up again after this failed upgrade.

Same stuff here.

Luckely I had another phone switched off and sleeping for a few weeks. Ik started it without internet connection, so it couldn't update the app. This way I could open Daly app like before...

On the other phone : Can anyone tell me what the "Secure firmware code " should be ? It is not the BT code for sure...
try 123456

Oh...I did and for me it worked, but it bricked my perfectly working system in the middle of nowhere...Im seriously f#cked here....stupid app destroyed my bms

Started a topic of the problem it caused :/

Back