diy solar

diy solar

too good to be true 50A unit 3-15V for 120$ CAD

ultrakiev

If someone used this charger from ic go go go store on Aliexpress?
Looking for feedback. Seems like they are using good quality server power supply and adding cheap control module.
This is too good to be true 50A unit 3-15V for 120$ CAD

C$ 83.00 13%OFF | Voltage Current Adjustable Lifepo4 Lipo Li-ion Lithium Battery Charger 4.2V 8.4V 12V 12.6V 14.6V 14.8V 75A 50A Display 2S 3S 4S

I got one of those, AVOID IT !
It will NOT go down to 3.600, try to do that are the rheostat overheats and sizzles.

I went through a couple of chargers and finally realized I was being Penny wise but Dollar Foolish. I finally bought a TekPower TP1540e for $190 USD.

It will NOT go down to 3.600, try to do that are the rheostat overheats and sizzles.

I went through a couple of chargers and finally realized I was being Penny wise but Dollar Foolish. I finally bought a TekPower TP1540e for $190 USD.
Thanks Steve you just saved me 120$ :) and tons of time!

At work I have really good one, got abused all the time and still running strong but I a bit pricey for home use if not using it every day.

I just bought this charger v1 2.6v-14.5v (1-50A).
Pretty noob question here, I can't even figure out how to change the voltage to 3.6v, it remains 14.5v constant, rotating the knob seems to change the current only ! Will it happen automatically depending on the battery voltage?

Voltage is the Tiny Screw next to the knob on there.
Oce you get to 3.650V it will start to sizzle, some crackle and will start to stink, by which point common sense UNPLUG IT !
I chucked good money away getting one of these.

Thanks a lot @Steve_S.
Yeah I found the tiny screw, however in my case, it's pretty stable @3.6v. Probably the hardware they use is upgraded now.

Thanks a lot @Steve_S.
Yeah I found the tiny screw, however in my case, it's pretty stable @3.6v. Probably the hardware they use is upgraded now.

so @Steve_S and I bought one of these each a year or so ago .... My first one literally caught on fire -- I mean flames shooting out the back end ... I left a really bad review and asked for my money back .. instead of money they asked me to try another one - but this time one that they had tested ... it has been working fine and does a very good job in getting about 40A out of the 50A model .... so the way I see it - there is NO QC on the stuff they make so its hit and miss ..i am pretty sure that they went through several of them before they got the last one for me ... it was all shined up and nicely wrapped ... the first one looked like it had been stored under a house for a few years ....

This is not a 70A 15.5V Power supply, not even remotely close. He’s combining the 12.15 Volt rail (rated at 69.9Amps MAX at 110V) and the 3.3 Volt rail (rated at 8A MAX) 12.15+3.3= 15.45 Volts. The problem is the 3.3 Volt rail will fry if you push it much past 8 Amps so don’t think you have a 70A power supply. You’re limited to the 3.3V rails 8 Amp MAX rating. Anything higher risks frying the 3.3V rail.
PSU is a DPS800GB
He using only the 12V and Gnd pads, he is not combining the 12V and the 3.3V (pad 36 & 37), the resistor is for setting the 12V power supply output Voltage.

PSU is a DPS800GB
He using only the 12V and Gnd pads, he is not combining the 12V and the 3.3V (pad 36 & 37), the resistor is for setting the 12V power supply output Voltage.
You’re right, My bad. His quick video didn’t mention the needed OVP mod and missed that he didn’t tap the 36-37 pins like many people are doing for a quick 12.15v+ 3.3v mod that ends up at about the same voltage he’s at. I’ve modded a bunch of HP and Dell 1100 and 1200 watt models to higher voltages. I’m working on a 14.6v parallel 2.2kW setup for Lifepo4’s right now and had to do a OVP mod on them.

Steve What is the max amp you think the TP1540e will hold at 2.32 volts? And how long can it do that continuous?

The Max Amps are 40A out.
2.32V ??? I dunno, I use it for LFP & set it between 3.62-3.65. I have done individual cells and 8 in a row for Top Balance.

Last edited:
Back