diy solar

diy solar

Too good to be true? AliExpress 8pcs 3.2v 280ah lifepo4 for $432 in 8 days?

efftwofiddy

It says it's a sale thru Sep 9, 50% off. The price is as ridiculously low as the short shipping time... Seems too good to be true, but it does have the AliExpress 75 day Buyer Protection...

My most recent "75 day" was extended by 35 days with no communication from the seller.

75 days was up about a week ago. Nada so far.

It says it's a sale thru Sep 9, 50% off. The price is as ridiculously low as the short shipping time... Seems too good to be true, but it does have the AliExpress 75 day Buyer Protection...

Aliexpress is great for the seller, to the best of my knowledge all that is ever offered to the buyer is a percentage.

The page is gone, so I am guessing it was an error...
Or may be it got enough money from suckers so they just close down the store and run and then create a new store name to start it all over again.
The shipping alone will cost them over $100 to the US.

Last edited:
My most recent "75 day" was extended by 35 days with no communication from the seller.

75 days was up about a week ago. Nada so far.
My seller extended the time.... At 85 days I put in a dispute based on the original 75 days. Ali gives 5 days for seller to respond. Morning of the 5th day FedEx had the package out for delivery. I assume the seller made some phone calls. BTW my cells look great upon initial inspection.

My seller extended the time.... At 85 days I put in a dispute based on the original 75 days. Ali gives 5 days for seller to respond. Morning of the 5th day FedEx had the package out for delivery. I assume the seller made some phone calls. BTW my cells look great upon initial inspection.
I think it's just coincidence, not that the seller did anything. If it's on the boat here there's nothing they can do about it.

Mine is apparently in the US finally too. Just got an email about a 43lb package on its way to me.

Anything in container lots is way less expensive per unit, shipping in the US is less expensive than trans-ocean.

I wonder if i'm going to get burnt, ordered 24 of these $35cad ea shipped to Canada, supposedly NOS.

This video says he saw similar but used cells seen for sale in thailand for $23us on "lazada"...

Feedback looks ok-ish... they are supposed to take a looooong time to get here via boat, but tracking number is moving on both parcels. Hope I don't get bent over on customs fees!

C$ 70.55 30%OFF | 4PCS 3.2V 100Ah Cell Sinopoly Lifepo4 Battery

Last edited:
Another too good to be true!
$93.30 for four 100Ah cells and free shipping all the way from China to the US, LOL!

Last edited:
Looks like b grade 280ah cells are just over $100 us unshipped.
These are only 100ah for almost 1/3 the price...

I will report with future news if/when they arrive.

I wonder if i'm going to get burnt, ordered 24 of these $35cad ea shipped to Canada, supposedly NOS.

This video says he saw similar but used cells seen for sale in thailand for $23us on "lazada"...

Feedback looks ok-ish... they are supposed to take a looooong time to get here via boat, but tracking number is moving on both parcels. Hope I don't get bent over on customs fees!

C$ 70.55 30%OFF | 4PCS 3.2V 100Ah Cell Sinopoly Lifepo4 Battery
I also just ordered from them a week ago.
I am prepared to be scammed: I ordered 4 280Ah cells at around $400 shipping included. It sounded too good to be true, and I'm pretty sure that I will be getting Grade B and/or used cells. But at that price I don't really mind.
My problem is that none of the respectable sellers are willing to ship to my region (Middle-East), as shipping prices are currently sky high, not to mention logistics problems.

The sellers that were willing to ship to me, were reluctant to ship via sea, and quoted air shipping prices even higher than the battery cost ($600 and up, just for shipping of 4 280ah cells ! )

I contacted this seller and they were very responsive. They said that they can ship by sea, but only if I'm willing to wait 3-5 months without opening a dispute.
So I agreed, payed with PayPal of course.
I begged the seller to properly box and protect these cells. They said "no worries".

To my surprise they gave a valid tracking number, which seems to progress. The strange thing is that the tracking shows its sent by air!
Is this the beginning of the scam, or was I just lucky (maybe they had a large shipment to my country and had a bit of space on the plane ? I dunno...) ?

According to the tracking, it's already in my country and has cleared customs (they promised customs would be handled by them). So if all goes well, I should receive them in a few days I guess.

Again, ordering from this seller was gamble/risk I was willing to take.
As long as I receive decent Grade B cells without damage, I will be happy.

I'll keep you updated.

For now, here is the status of the tracking:
Screenshot_20220725-083645_Chrome.jpg

I purposely didn't show the number or destination country for privacy reasons. But the tracking does show that the destination is to my country.

Darn it!
And I was thinking I got lucky...
I did search for "QFL" immediately after getting the tracking number, but didn't find anything on the search. I guess it's because the other thread had screenshots and not text.
Anyways, I thought I would be scammed by that they would send Grade B (or even less) cells. But not like this.
Yes, I knew it was a gamble (that's why I paid with PayPal), but if I were to do my homework properly (knowing that this a known scam without sending anything...) than I would have saved myself the trouble.

I will wait for them to say that the package has arrived and then open a dispute either with Aliexpress or PayPal.
Thanks for the heads up.

Back