diy solar

diy solar

Too many balance leads on my 8s JK BMS

RossA

Hey, I bought an 8s JK BMS that has 10 total balance leads instead of the expected 9. I have 1 black lead that is to the main negative terminal of the 8s battery. Then I have 9 red leads. I wired the first 8 up to the corresponding positives on the cells and did the standard check that each lead increases the voltage by roughly 3 volts and that all checked out. But what do I do with the extra lead? I was nervous to hook up the BMS to the balance leads since I know you can blow the BMS if the balance leads are not connected properly. Can I just cap off that extra lead?

This is the first time I've built a battery, but every video that I watch where they are attaching the balance leads, they only have 1 red lead per positive terminal.

Thanks!

Do you have One black wire on one side and the rest red wires?

Wire 1 (The black wire) goes to the most negative terminal of the 8 cells (This is Cell 1)
Wire 2 (The red wire next to the black wire) goes to the positive terminal of cell 1
Wire 3 goes to the positive terminal of Cell 2
Wire 4 goes to the positive terminal of Cell 3
Wire 5 goes to the positive terminal of Cell 4
Wire 6 goes to the positive terminal of Cell 5
Wire 7 goes to the positive terminal of Cell 6
Wire 8 goes to the positive terminal of Cell 7
Wire 9 goes to the positive terminal of Cell 8
Wire 10 goes to the positive terminal of Cell 8

Note that both 9 & 10 go to cell 8. Wire 9 is for voltage sense and balance. Wire 10 is for power.

1645586073444.png

Back