diy solar

diy solar

Tools in Europe?

El_Cid

I was trying to buy some of the tools that were recommended here https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/tools.html
But most of them are not available in Europe. For most of them amazon & other retailers are importing them from the US. That means for some of the tools the price doubles...

I am going to do a 400W solar panel installation on my sailboat. And I don't have any tools. If some Europeans could recommend some good tools I would really appreciate it!

It would be really useful to have an European link for most of the tools/products that Will recommends. But I can understand if that's more easily said than done. Maybe Will could cooperate with someone from Europe for this and they could split the profit :) (as I assume there should be some testing of the recommended products/tools - just like Will does).

Last edited:
I am having difficulty around finding (on amazon.de)

- Standard Size Crimpers
- Multimeter/Clamp meter
- Precision Wire Stripper (like the Klein Tools 11063W‎)
- Cable cutters (like the Klein High Leverage Cutter)

The recommended tools have equivalents that are easy to source in Europe. The recommended tool list is based on commission, its basically advertising. It is however a good guide to what type of equipment is available. You dont need exactly the same to carry out the necessary tasks.

Hydraulic crimper
Hydraulic crimper 2
hand crimp upto 6mm2
cable cutter

If I can do this based in the UK and easily find suitable tools I am sure you can do the same.

Mike

Someone who knows what he's doing could easily find comparable items, yes. For an electrical illiterate person like me it's a daunting task. :)
Thanks for the links.

Back