diy solar

diy solar

Top balance in parallel, and then small discharge still in parallel ?

batttempl

Hi all,

I have the Seplos Mason DIY box and 16 CATL 280Ah cells, which I tested individually with a zketech EBC A40L tester: the capacity is between 295 and 299Ah.
At the moment, they are all at around 50% Soc.

My question: while waiting to receive the inverter (Multiplus 2), in order to be able to assemble the Seplos box, can I make the top balance of the 16 cells at 3.65v (first going to 3.4 then 3.5v) with all 16 cells wired in parallel and charging them at 40A with the EBC A40L tester until they draw almost no current, then once at this stage, as the top balance will be done but that I do not want to leave them at this level of charge for several weeks: discharge at 40A with this same EBC A40L charger / tester for about 24 hours to discharge about 20% of each cell to leave them at about 80% while waiting to receive the Multiplus?

Doing it this way (classic top balance and then discharging in parallel rather than in series with a BMS with an inverter) will the discharge keep the cells "balanced", and allow me to do the assembly in the Seplos case while waiting to receive the inverter and once it has been received will allow me to use the battery directly because it is already ready and balance ?

Back