diy solar

diy solar

top balance using an inverter

Bleedingblue

Solar Enthusiast
Finally going to start charging up my cells. I"m going to first charge my top 3 banks up because I'm missing 3 cells on my bottom bank so I can't assemble them and wire it up yet. I have the 3 strings controlled by an overkill 16S bms and will be charging them with a couple of MPP solar Pip 5K inverters. I have yet to even turn them on yet. I"ve had the cells now since August of last year and the MPP's since last March. I've been using my Sorotec Inverters powering my house and will be taking those down and replacing them with MPP's I have.
What I'm wanting to do is do a top balance on the 3 strings using my MPP. I've had them in parallel for several months just chilling and have assembled it all and wired up the BMS wires. Have checked the wires to make sure they count up by 3.2 volt each so they are wired up correctly. So what kind of settings do I need to do with the BMS or the MPP? How long will the BMS take to equalize the cells and how many days do I need to do this? I'm sure it will take a little bit to charge up as I will only have around 7000 watts charging it from the panels.

My inverters I will be using to charge with and eventually replacing my Sorotecs I'm using now to power my house.

I guess I need to slowly charge up my inverters using a resistor? Any other advice?

This is the top set of battery banks
Identical looking set is going to be below this one.
20210918_155059.jpg

Back