diy solar

diy solar

Top Balancing...Do I need to go to 3.650V?

Hello Everyone,
With all the cells repositioned to take advantage of the cells with the slowest rate of discharge paired together and vice versa, I see that there are mainly one cell (D) that has the highest rate of discharge. Do you think these bad boys are ready to build my packs and put into service? In five days, the delta on the top batch is at .018 and would be .010 if it wasn't for that one cell. The bottom batch seems spot on at .005 in 4.5 days. Seems like I could move on to asking other questions now. LOL!

p.s. You think I should just return this active balancer since I never used it, or will it still be needed?

TYIA,
Brian
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.44.10 AM.png

Do you expect them to be sitting 5 days in between charge/discharge cycles?
No, I'll be hooking them up to 1620w of solar on the RV. From what I can see, I'll need to set the parameters on the charge controller to keep them between 20-90%. At least that's what I think I remember reading.

No, I'll be hooking them up to 1620w of solar on the RV. From what I can see, I'll need to set the parameters on the charge controller to keep them between 20-90%. At least that's what I think I remember reading.
You need to charge into the high knee on a regular basis to maintain the top balance.
How regular depends on the cells and the bms balancing capacity.

A charge voltage >=3.45 volts will get your batteries better than 99% full.

I suggest your bandwidth managment target be 99%-15%.

You need to charge into the high knee on a regular basis to maintain the top balance.
How regular depends on the cells and the bms balancing capacity.

A charge voltage >=3.45 volts will get your batteries better than 99% full.

I suggest your bandwidth managment target be 99%-15%.
Good to know. I thought I remembered hearing that for RV usage, you didn't want to go that high. However, I don't recall at all where I read that on here or who said it.

Back