diy solar

diy solar

Top balancing with Longwei power supply

I will not have time to come up with a clamp solution at the moment but plan to do this in about a month. As I have understood it, clamping the cells will prolong the life span, but its, not something that is critical. Correct in your opinion, @halfwave?

Per the manufacturer, clamping will extend cell life from 2000 cycles to 3500 cycles.
I think most importantly, it helps keep the cell terminal to busbar connection tight.

Per the manufacturer, clamping will extend cell life from 2000 cycles to 3500 cycles.
I think he has 202ah cells. I am not sure clamping would extend the cycle life of those cells. But since you brought it up the latest EVE spec sheet I have claims 6000 cycles with clamped cells. :) This applies only to EVE LF 280L cells.

Attachments

• EVE LF 280L.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
Clamping is so controversial, I am very new here and surely have oodles to learn however I did try clamping at first. Built a somewhat elaborate rig complete with airbags on the endsused to lift and install commercial doors in order to distribute pressure equally but when I changed my bms and wanted to rebuild the container they're in I didn't bother clamping them. I feel by the time they aren't useful any more I'll be too old to use them and there will be more efficient forms of energy. Either that or I'll be sorry I didn't clamp them haha. And to add to the original thread the wires that came with either power supply I have are shit... just the resistance alone is bad. Much less pushing 10 amps through them makes them hot to the touch. Garbage

I kept it simple. I made a box with some threaded rods. I adjusted the rods to the size the manufacturer said for compression and left it at that. :)

Also, I retract what I said about Longwei. It worked great for a few months and then suddenly went all weird and stopped working. Apparently this is common for them.
Oh well, life happens.
Anyhow, thought you could use the update. :)

Back