diy solar

diy solar

Top Balancing woes.

what's the spec sheet say about charge completion? for lishen, (iirc) when current drops to 8 amps @ 3.65v the charge is complete.
NOMINAL VOLTAGE: 3.2V
CAPACITY: 100ah (105ah+ is being reported by customers)
WATT HOURS: 320
FULLY CHARGED VOLTAGE: 3.65V
FULLY DISCHARGED VOLTAGE: 2.5V
MAX CONTINUOUS CHARGE: 100A (1C)
MAX CONTINUOUS DISCHARGE: 100A (1C)
MAX PULSE DISCHARGE (10 SECONDS): 200A (2C)
MODULE WEIGHT: 6.5 lbs
MODULE DIMENSION: 7" X 5.5" X 3"

I'm @ 8 amps charging around 3.36 volts. It's only a 10amp charger, so it's just a limitation of the small turnigy

i was able to pump ~9.75a in with my little 10a supply. I used thick (10 awg) wire with ring terminals for connection both to supply and battery. You can probably forgo the overkill 10awg but ring terminals are almost necessary.

i was able to pump ~9.75a in with my little 10a supply. I used thick (10 awg) wire with ring terminals for connection both to supply and battery. You can probably forgo the overkill 10awg but ring terminals are almost necessary.

I built a new charge lead with some ring terms on it and the charger immediately started pushing 10 amps instead of 8.2.

Nice. Didn't think it would make much difference at this low voltage.

I built a new charge lead with some ring terms on it and the charger immediately started pushing 10 amps instead of 8.2.

Nice. Didn't think it would make much difference at this low voltage.

i think lower voltages will acually make it more apparent, though let an EE confirm or deny that.

You get a few more style points and maybe some level-of-difficulty points if you charge your AGM with solar.

... hmmm, maybe watching too much Olympics?

Heh, No solar easily accessible from the shop I'm working out of.

You get a few more style points and maybe some level-of-difficulty points if you charge your AGM with solar.

... hmmm, maybe watching too much Olympics?
How's solar charging agm any more difficult than lifepo4? let alone top balance charging diy cells? ;p

Ha. We'll see what I can fit on the roof of the camper. It's a curved top so I might have to go with two flex panels

It's a curved top so I might have to go with two flex panels
How curved? What's your rig? I'd bet someone hear has done it...
I cannot say I would recommend flex panels. They don't have a good record for reliability or production. And there are quite a few issues with mounting them that deals with heat and wind.

Back