diy solar

diy solar

TopBand batteries are back at BH

Joe BoyKey

Watts, Watts, more Watts

Not sure why they are in packs of 24, I only needed 36, but now have 48 ordered, Joe.

Just looking online for 100 m6 1.0 nuts and there are so many types, what's the best nut to use with Topband batteries? those pictured are Serrated Flange Zinc from HD and what to get better price online, thanks Joe.

@Supervstech All ready to go, except waiting another 2 weeks on Overkill to ship Bms, would You go ahead and build 48v 100ah 4p16s battery now? or wait til bms arrives, worried cells will get out of balance sitting in series waiting, suggestions anyone, thanks Joe.
1622888288149.png

Since I have 16 green Navitas/Topband and 36 Blue Topband's, Am going to place green as the 1st Battery of each series, will make it easier to see where to hookup balance leads.
1622888959635.png

Last edited:
I would wait until BMS arrives or until it has shipped. I also have 6 16s4p of those to build one is complete and is being tested. I still have to make the buss bars for 4 of them.

I would wait until BMS arrives or until it has shipped. I also have 6 16s4p of those to build one is complete and is being tested. I still have to make the buss bars for 4 of them.
What are you using for buss bars, I took 3/8" copper tubing and flattened it a 12 ton press to 1/2" bars, then drilled and cut?

I used 1/2" by 1/8 thick flat bar aluminum as I will be only pulling 30 amps at most of each pack. I do not set up my pack that way I like the 48V terminals as far away from each other as I can get them, get a tool in between that setup and it will ruin your day.

Last edited:
While it won’t make much difference, the balance leads should be connected to the positive terminal...
I like to center them on paralleled positive cell terminal bars.

While it won’t make much difference, the balance leads should be connected to the positive terminal...
I like to center them on paralleled positive cell terminal bars.
Am planning on soldering leads to copper bus bar, will post pics if Overkill ever ships Bms, thanks

48v 100ah - 4 buss bars connect cell 8 to 9 - 4p16s split configuration. They have black tape around them, hard to see.
1624782102001.png

thanks, but wrong picture, the one i quoted was your post from #3, the ones in the black plastic crate, looks like 8S or 8P to start.

thanks, i see the 4S but only see 2P, ill look closer, astill waiting for my batteries to get here, i basiclly want a 24 volt 50AH like your setup with 16 batteries, or done with 8 but i think that is impossible, still learning this S and P stuff

Back