diy solar

Topband Navitas Prismatic at BH

sshibly

Solar Enthusiast
I bought a few of these cells BH is carrying:

Topband Navitas Prismatic $12.50 for 25ah - on par with LitoKala 100ah cells.​

NEW 3.2v 25ah Lifepo4​

Here is the link

I see these have 3C continuous discharge rate.
I could not find any info on them.

What was the intended use they were made for?
Track record of Navitas - any inside info on the quality of these cells?

Those are so cute!

$12.50/(3.2*25)*1000 = $156.25/kWh - not cheap, but for 3C, that's probably a pretty sweet deal.

I bought four of these right when they appeared on BH. Certainly cheaper than any 25ah I could find on Ali and most of those are studless and not even threaded. Will make for a nice jumbo power bank for macbook/USB-C PD charging. Certainly means I won't be taking advantage of the discharge rate... Was hoping my bus bar making days were over but couldn't resist for $60 to my door

I bought some as well. I plan on making a few small 50ah batteries to put in the storage sheds at my dad's house for powering lights. I already have some of the small Daly 4s BMS for them, just need to cut some busbars for them on my cnc machine and buy some nuts.

Those are so cute!

$12.50/(3.2*25)*1000 = $156.25/kWh - not cheap, but for 3C, that's probably a pretty sweet deal.
They are purdy ;-)
yeah not cheap but the 3C caught my attention, I guessing ebike guys/gals will be all over this????

1000w motor at 36v will need around 25 amps (1000/39)
I have no experience with ebikes, just pulled that number outta my 5 digit volt... ;-)

I bought some as well. I plan on making a few small 50ah batteries to put in the storage sheds at my dad's house for powering lights. I already have some of the small Daly 4s BMS for them, just need to cut some busbars for them on my cnc machine and buy some nuts.
I bought four of these right when they appeared on BH. Certainly cheaper than any 25ah I could find on Ali and most of those are studless and not even threaded. Will make for a nice jumbo power bank for macbook/USB-C PD charging. Certainly means I won't be taking advantage of the discharge rate... Was hoping my bus bar making days were over but couldn't resist for $60 to my door
25ah pack for macbook, nice

Hmm, storage shed, I to add light in front of my garage near the keypad, I think I will use 1 cell and little 5v boost converter usb power board and power it. What is nice is that most of those little boards have low voltage cut off built in.

Someone has finally Twigged onto something... Been waiting for it ! ROFLMAO

Everyone is so focussed on Big Capacity cells 100AH +++ they fail to see part of the tradeoff.
Look at the smaller LFP cells be they Cylindrical or Prismatic square, they more often than not have a higher C-Rate for charge & discharge because they are not targetted toward ESS systems and as such have a better grade of "the stew" (higher purity and better blends).
These are more appropriate for paralleling cells as well because of the C-Rate increase but also smaller individual cell capacities are easier to match up as they will deviate far less between cells through their operational ranges.

IE: Some of teh Better Known, Known Good Prebuilt assemblies like BattleBorn, Simpliphi, Relion and so on use Cylindrical cells and are most often set in a parallel within the packs. Funny how in Will's vids he has not mentioned that, outright but watch the vids and see the cylindrical cells. The larger cells can deviate far more simply because of the size, the smaller the tighter the spec.

SHHHH don't mention it to anyone, it will start arguments, postulation, theorization and heaps of conjecture. Ultimately resulting in a super long thread filled with debate & argument where the Dead Horses will be continually revived for beating upon.

:sneaky::devilish:?

wait, you haf ein CNC machine, wow, congrats on having an uber manly toy.

so you draw up the item in a CAD software and CNC does the magic? what material will you use?

Yep, I have two CNC machines, a Onefinity and a Shapeoko 3 XL. Onefinity is still new in box waiting for me to get home to set it up. Not sure on the material yet, most likely aluminum as I know I have a few sheets of it in various thicknesses laying around.

Yep, I have two CNC machines, a Onefinity and a Shapeoko 3 XL. Onefinity is still new in box waiting for me to get home to set it up. Not sure on the material yet, most likely aluminum as I know I have a few sheets of it in various thicknesses laying around.
I've been trying to find bus bars for these cells. Is CNC the best / only way?? Sry newbie ?

The cells are sold out,

bus bars - I was going to drill holes in copper stock I bought from Grainger.
milled bus bars will the cat's u know what,
post some pics bro.

Yes but I was able to purchase a decent quantity before then lucky ?. I have a email into the original manufacturer for bus bars & the encasement hardware, but sadly no word yet...

P.S. *this sight doesn't have valid certs so surf at your own risk*
But I was able to pull a data sheet from there!

I've been trying to find bus bars for these cells. Is CNC the best / only way?? Sry newbie ?
Multiple ways to do it. You can buy copper flat bar in the size you want and drill the holes as sshibly said he is going to do. I'm simply using what I have to build it.

I bought 60 of these, but having second thoughts now. I have 660 watts of solar, I've been wanting a lfp battery for awhile now. I don't have any equipment to test them so if anyone could post their results of these cells I would greatly appreciate it. Concerns are I didn't realize I couldn't do 4s15p for 12v 375ah, and the max discharge of 2.00 volts.

I bought 60 of these, but having second thoughts now. I have 660 watts of solar, I've been wanting a lfp battery for awhile now. I don't have any equipment to test them so if anyone could post their results of these cells I would greatly appreciate it. Concerns are I didn't realize I couldn't do 4s15p for 12v 375ah, and the max discharge of 2.00 volts.

Welcome to the forum.

Why can't you do 15P4S? It's not generally recommended to put that many in parallel, but it ain't against the law, The challenge will be pulling the necessary current from them. 3X 5P4S packs, each with their own 120Ah BMS would be pretty nifty.

Reeftank, honestly I'm kinda in a similar boat as you. I bought them to do a bigger 48 volt battery. I've never had a raw cell battery and I might have gone alil overboard.? ?

As someone who is building a large battery out of 588 cells, trust me... you guys could have done worse. :)

Back