diy solar

diy solar

Topband Navitas Prismatic at BH

I can no longer find them on their site. Do you have a link?
the old link is dead.

best bet is to email them. with the quantity you want (30 in a case.) Price is $12.50 per cell. They will send you an invoice link and that takes you to the website, and the website will have a shipping calculator after you put in your location.

I contacted them and they said a local forklift company bought the whole second batch so they are all sold out and don’t expect anymore anytime soon, if ever.

that is too bad for all of us who waited patiently for them to restock.
guess it’s back to the drawing board

Found this thread while searching for some more info on these cells... Thought I would give you all some of my thoughts.

I originally ordered 12 from the first batch, from BH, to build a 75Ah 12v pack for ham radio use. Got them in, and sadly two of the cells decided to poke their terminals through the box and say hello to the aluminum FedEX truck shelving.Screenshot 2021-03-10 171635.jpgScreenshot 2021-03-10 171702.jpg

BH very quickly sent out replacements and got me sorted out, and I went on and built my pack.

For busbars, I used some braided, tinned copper wire sleeving I had laying around from a previous project: https://www.mcmaster.com/5537K14/
Along with some nickel plated brass 1/4in grommets. I poked holes in the sleeving where the terminals would go, installed a grommet on it, and soldered it down (mainly to keep it in place), then soldered either end of the strip before cutting it to keep the individual strands from fraying.

This is what I ended up with:
Screenshot 2021-03-10 171912.jpg

I just got my case of 30 in today from the email sale, and i'm happy to report no damage.
So if anyone is still looking for ideas on bus bars, there ya go.

These are the grommets I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FKJYDV1
And the nuts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083XZP8Q4

@ratmandu so if i understand correctly they did send an email that they got restocked ?
i did not receive anything hence I asked

@ratmandu so if i understand correctly they did send an email that they got restocked ?
i did not receive anything hence I asked
They sent emails to the people who emailed them to ask about the availability, not to the general mailing list.
It seemed like they had a lot of interest from people asking them directly, more than they actually had in stock, so they just asked how many cases people wanted and sent invoices.

They sent emails to the people who emailed them to ask about the availability, not to the general mailing list.
It seemed like they had a lot of interest from people asking them directly, more than they actually had in stock, so they just asked how many cases people wanted and sent invoices.
Oww ok ok i understand. well i should have done that.
was waiting on the e-mail to order 10 cases.

now I have to figure out what to do with the 72 cells I have.

Back to the drawing board. thanks for the info

Yeah, I was refreshing the site 5+ times a day watching stuff come in, and go away for a few weeks... Finally I decided to email them to ask, and they said they would have more info in a couple days... The next day, I got the email asking how many cases I wanted.

Damn, that's messed up. I asked them via email as well. I told them about the two damaged cells I received and that I didn't want replacements as shit happens and I just wanted to know when they would have more as I was on deployment and internet sucked(it took 48 hours to order my initial batch). Apparently they decided to sell to a select few individuals instead. Maybe the $3000 I've spent with them over the last year isn't enough to get me on that "exclusive list."

Damn, that's messed up. I asked them via email as well. I told them about the two damaged cells I received and that I didn't want replacements as shit happens and I just wanted to know when they would have more as I was on deployment and internet sucked(it took 48 hours to order my initial batch). Apparently they decided to sell to a select few individuals instead. Maybe the $3000 I've spent with them over the last year isn't enough to get me on that "exclusive list."
Seems like that is what happened indeed. i was also about to spend near that amount again on this purchase. I thought about sending an email but thought it would not be fair to the rest waiting.
Thankful i decided to wait on the cells before ordering the bus bars and nuts otherwise I would have a lot of copper stock and nuts with no use for them.

This sucks!!! I was waiting patiently for the restocking and in the same boat as cjusnavy. Now idk what to do; I wanted to double down on these cells as well ? BH kinda screwed the pooch in my opinion...

This sucks!!! I was waiting patiently for the restocking and in the same boat as cjusnavy. Now idk what to do; I wanted to double down on these cells as well ? BH kinda screwed the pooch in my opinion...
I think they broke the link in trying to restock since they were only going to sell by the case. Probably said piss on it sent a few emails out and sold what they had in under an hour.
All speculation though.
Personally I'm more upset at the resellers on eBay. Screwing people to profit. They new full well they bought a lot to just make some money.

I ordered a few of the Navitas cells from BH as well, one was dented, but for the price (and considering they said they would have more in stock soon), I just waited to order more. I was told in an e-mail to keep checking the site (which is infuriating considering they never even re-listed them), and that I would receive an email when they were back in stock. They told me at first 2 weeks, then a delay on top of that. So I patiently waited and continued to check the site. You all know the rest.

Just my 2 cents at a small business owner;
If I run out of stock, and tell people (especially my long-standing, high spending, customers) that I will let them know when I have more, I for sure wouldn't sell my entire stock to a single customer behind their backs. I would have notified my customers when they were back in stock, and let the stock run out, first come first served (If one company bought them all up from the listing, then so be it, but it would have at least been fair). It ruins trust, and builds resentments. I would absolutely expect for some of my customers to go elsewhere, especially after stringing them along for weeks.

They didn't even give most people the chance to order, it's honestly somewhat offensive to know that they don't show loyalty to their customers.

Unless batteryhookup has another really good deal, I will try to find my used cells elsewhere.

Has anyone noticed a voltage drop of over .10 when top balancing these cells. Charged up 32 of these in parallel to 3.553 stopped removed charger and left them in parallel for 48 hours voltage dropped to 3.421. Wondering if this is normal. I was expecting it to hold at 3.5 or the upper 3.4X range.

Has anyone noticed a voltage drop of over .10 when top balancing these cells. Charged up 32 of these in parallel to 3.553 stopped removed charger and left them in parallel for 48 hours voltage dropped to 3.421. Wondering if this is normal. I was expecting it to hold at 3.5 or the upper 3.4X range.
Since there is no real amount of energy stored up there could just be normal? You could put them back up there and make them individual check the voltage on each one in a day or two to be sure that you don't have one bad in there.

For those that received them.... i was wondering if there is any identifier as to where they are made?

I've had a case of 30 stuck at the Canadian border with DHL express for the past week. They need extra customs clearance. Maybe because I had to buy a case. Anyways the form is pretty simple. The only question I can't answer was where they were made.

I tried calling Navitas and battery hookup but got voicemail with Navitas, and the phone doesn't work for BH.

I sent a email to BatteryHookup a couple days ago, but no response yet.

I googled "Topband Navitas" and I came up with a topband factory in China that makes "prismatic" batteries, so I think they are from China.

BH took down the spec page, why?
I ended up making busbars with ring terminals and 10 awg wire,

Attachments

• busbar.jpg
    busbar.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 41
Back