diy solar

diy solar

Topband Navitas Prismatic at BH

Huge thank you Joe BoyKey!!! I can finally finish my 500ah build ??✌️.
I'm still upset BH shorted us on the 3C cells; but this deal here for these 1C's are still cheaper than direct order from China... And fully tested... Ok fine take my money ? lol

I'm not familiar with Topband. Are these better than than 3.2V Lishen 78aH also at BH?

I have combined 212 of them on my 51.2 and 12.8v Lifepo4 system's, only 2 cells are sub standard and being used as a 12.8v phone charger pack.
The first 18 E-on batteries contained 8 topband 3,2 25ah cells each and set in a warehouse 4 years before I got them, all cells still being used, they are great, not familiar with Lishen, my other batteries are Gyll, Joe.
1621590236649.png 1621590311822.png

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Topband. Are these better than than 3.2V Lishen 78aH also at BH?
All of the TopBand cells I have test slightly over capacity. IMHO they are useful because of the size. Making a 36 or 48 volt electric bike battery would be difficult with the massive 78ah cells. The TopBands can reach very high voltages in a small space, and don't require the use of hundreds (or thousands) of spot welds on cylindrical cells.

I wouldn't say they are "better" or worse than other cells, but they definitely have a unique size for the chemistry (and a good price on BH), making them very valuable for certain applications.

Just bought 48 of 'em from BH. Thinking about building 3x 4s4p for a van.....anyone know where I can get bus bars for them?

Just bought 48 of 'em from BH. Thinking about building 3x 4s4p for a van.....anyone know where I can get bus bars for them?
you can use 25mm(c2c) bus bar for 4s1p. it is available from aliexpress "CHLBATT Factory Store"

In case of 4s3p, 55mm(c2c) bus bar can connect 3p by drill 6mm hole at center with regular drill, screw two end to scrap board to easy the drilling. 35mm(c2c) bus bar to connect 3p to 4s. both can be purchased from same store

55mm(c2c)
35mm(c2c)

took about two weeks to get it by AliExpress Standard Shipping.

here is my 1s4p and 8s6p, there is 30mm(c2c) bus bar bought from

Plastic cover is cutting from pencil case bought from Amazon

Attachments

• TOPBAND 4s1p and 8s6p.jpg
    TOPBAND 4s1p and 8s6p.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Damn. Should have looked around for more than an hour. I was just going to do this and make a jumper on each end and one in the middle. 8s9p 0621211725~2.jpg

you can use 25mm(c2c) bus bar for 4s1p. it is available from aliexpress "CHLBATT Factory Store"

In case of 4s3p, 55mm(c2c) bus bar can connect 3p by drill 6mm hole at center with regular drill, screw two end to scrap board to easy the drilling. 35mm(c2c) bus bar to connect 3p to 4s. both can be purchased from same store

55mm(c2c)
35mm(c2c)

took about two weeks to get it by AliExpress Standard Shipping.

here is my 1s4p and 8s6p, there is 30mm(c2c) bus bar bought from

Plastic cover is cutting from pencil case bought from Amazon
Thanks!

If you need clean copper soak it in salted vinegar water with a little dish soap. Rinse and dry in oven.

What's the logic behind this? Vinegar is an acid and dish soap is a base. You're effectively neutralizing the other with each.

Vinegar is very effective on its own.

Muriatic acid is like magic - done in 5 seconds - even at 50% the concentration of your typical $8 gallon of pool acid.

What's the logic behind this? Vinegar is an acid and dish soap is a base. You're effectively neutralizing the other with each.

Vinegar is very effective on its own.

Muriatic acid is like magic - done in 5 seconds - even at 50% the concentration of your typical $8 gallon of pool acid.
Dish soaps are very close to neutral ph. Adding it to a metal pickle is usually done to cut any oil or grease that may be on the part. Allowing the oxides to be exposed to the pickle. It is unnecessary if oil or grease isn't present.

Last edited:
Dish soaps are very close to neutral ph. Adding it to a metal pickle is usually done to cut any oil or grease that may be on the part. Allowing the oxides to be exposed to the pickle. It is unnecessary if oil or grease isn't present.

Yep. I thought they were farther from neutral. Lye soap is sodium hydroxide, and that's way up the scale. Influenced my thinking.

The purpose of the salt?

Yep. I thought they were farther from neutral. Lye soap is sodium hydroxide, and that's way up the scale. Influenced my thinking.

The purpose of the salt?
adding salt speeds up the reaction. not sure exactly why-I'm not a chemist, just the recipe I've used since high school. ( was taught it in high school chemistry with pennies adding salt made them shinny way faster)

Last edited:
Back