diy solar

diy solar

Total house

MDS

Are there any videos on a total house system (100-120 kwh day). I will have solar and micro hydro 24/7 not sure on size. It will be connected to the grid and i would like Three days of battery. Any thoughts.

The new house should be some less but power bill says 3000 + a month

I think that’s 3000kwhr...

Made me go pull mine...LOTS of windows and it’s HOT in the summer. The sad part is this is a vast improvement from when we bought it: new windows, new ACs (x3!), added insulation where there was none, LED/CFL bulbs, etc.

Attachments

• 3D47E977-1F8A-4FAC-B0D9-DF1F664A14E9.jpeg
    3D47E977-1F8A-4FAC-B0D9-DF1F664A14E9.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 9
That's about 10x mine!
Not trying to dictate your lifestyle but I'd start by looking for ways to reduce that.
Will make it much easier to supply if you take a hard look at usage first.
Might even think about "conserving" and, dare I say it, "sacrificing".

Those houses must have a neighbor named Lucifer . My house is 80 yrs old and 2500 sqft with a 110.00 US a month in the summer with AC NE Oh

That's about 10x mine!
Not trying to dictate your lifestyle but I'd start by looking for ways to reduce that.
What do you mean Sacrificing?????????

That's about 10x mine!

Move your house to Texas or lower elevations in Arizona or New Mexico and tell me how much energy you use.

100kWh = 1,953.1 Ah @ 51.2V (48V system with LFP)
7X 48V/280AH = 1960AH. 112 Cells to make 7 Packs (one day per above) .

Using Luyuan Tech: 16 Pcs 3.2V 280Ah DPP Delivery Included = 7 Pieces $16,199.90
Add 7 BMS' Fuses & Cases @ $400 USD ea = $2800.00

The Solar Array, Charge Controller(S) & Inverter setup would also be QUITE EXTENSIVE and if you think the batts cost...

RULE 1 !
Conservation is ALWAYS Cheaper than Generation and/or Storage. ALWAYS !

A proper & Full energy usage calculation has to be done. Inefficient Energy Hogs (Like the 1960's fridge you inherited) have to be identified and replaced IF possible. Heating & Cooling inefficiencies must be addressed as that is a likely culprit for energy waste.

It's AMAZING... I have temps of -30C/-22F to 40C/104F, I keep my home at 22C/72F in Winter and it never goes above 26C/79F inside in summer due to the design of the house. NO AC System, Gave it away as it is not needed. Daily energy usage is 4kWh on average. And I am 100% Offgrid and have everything I need & want. The Home has a LOT to do with it though and there is where a major line is crossed, between a conventional house build and one built for high efficiency. Sadly Energy Efficiency is NOT genuinely addressed in current Building Codes world wide but the Building Industry is also highly resistant to do so as well ass it changes a lot of things.

Ironically unfunny thing.... Why is it that folks in Hot Regions just cannot wrap their heads around Insulation as a Money Saver when it comes to COOLING... Even if you rarely or never have to Heat the home, you will likely have to cool it and insulation keeps the cool IN and the heat OUT and that saves a ghastly amount of energy & cash.

Even things like installing the Siding System as a "Rain Screen" system which creates a Thermal Break that passively diffuses the radiated heat from sun & environment away from the structure... Or people refuse to consider a Cool Roof System that also acts as a Thermal Break from the Roof Skin & the actual structure thereby maintaining the interior temps much lower. Cool Roof system alone can drop almost 50 Degrees of heat transfer into a roof but it still is NOT a standard in Hot Climate Zones and it works equally well in Cold Temp Zones too as it prevents the cold from being literally sucked out via thermal exchange.

Realize that just the Roof Design alone can save you over 33% of your Heating & Cooling costs within a year. Do the math, the conclusions are obvious but they do NOT favour Big Power & Gas Companies but favour the Homeowner and their wallets.

TWO PDF's related to Cool Roof System which can be done on a New Build as well as a Retrofit to existing buildings.

Good Luck.

Back