diy solar

diy solar

Total Newbie Looking for a quick setup check for Ecoflow Delta Pro

RealSully

Hello,

I'm looking to set up stationary panels for an Ecoflow Delta Pro in Southern California. I'm hoping to cycle it as much as possible.

This is my plan:

panel.jpg

6x of these used REC panels set up 3s2p. I believe that gets me:
(260x6) = 1560W -- staying under the 1600W max input
(37.8x3) = 113.4 VOC -- staying under the 150V max input
(1560/113.4) = 13.76Amps -- staying under the 15A max input

Question #1 Am I calculating that right?

Question #2 -- The Delta Pro might have to be 40 feet away from the panels. I was planning on using the 8-AWG cable recommended by Will. I'm getting confused looking at the DC wiring chart. Do I need 6-AWG cable? Does the total run include both positive and negative (is it really 80 feet, requiring 4-AWG?)

Question #3 -- Should I add OCPD fuses?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dan

I have the same panels …. ( I’m in So Cal ) I run them in series on one of my Deltas ( 260 watt x 4 , in Series , Voc at max 151.2 watts 1040 ) . Did you buy panels in Santa Paula ? That’s where I got mine fyi . This setup works and I’ve been running 2 months .
You can run “ in series “ and x panel ( watts additive ) and keep “ amps “ at 8.5 amps , or IF you run parallel ( which I think you’re doing too ?) you would triple amps ? That’s way over . So , I’m not sure if I get your abbreviations correctly? You cannot run “ series “ and “ parallel “ on same string with these inverters …. One or the other I believe . This inverter requires “ in series “ with most setups imho …. The place in Santa Paula has 535 watt panels which keep your Voc < 150 and are rated at 1605 watts( 3 panels , in series , which should be ok ) , but they are 295/panel , and they charge Tax ! . Btw , I run 3 panels ( 315 watts in series, phono solar ) on Delta Pro # 2 , then charge one with the other . …. This gets past the limitations of one inverter , and more storage at just a few hundred more than a battery only .
Only the newer panels in series have the Watts AND the Voc that keeps things kosher . Also , with bright Sun / clouds , I EXCEEDED the array # 1 with 4 of your Renogys and hit 1200 watts !! Cloud clipping it’s called ! Short term but it got my attention . Hope it helps

You’re not calculating correctly. And 17 amps exceeds the inverter, which says “ 15 max “ …. That will NOT be good for the inverter longevity .
I have same panels , and as stated , I run 4 x 260 “in series “ for 1040 ( I pull 1100 in bright Sun ☀️)
And keep the amps at 8.5 .Eco Flow runs theirs “ in series too btw “ The one Delta Pro and Array I have is running this exact setup , and no issues x 2 months .
No matter HOW you wire these panels , you wire 6 of those specs on 260 Watt Panels in a Delta Pro you’ll fry the the inverter …… that’s the “ rub” with the Delta pro … it does a lot , flexible options .. but the solar inverter is limiting . That’s why after I bought initial Delta Pro and Add battery , when I wanted more battery , I bought another Delta Pro through Costco . 2899.00 plus tax and it came with remote controller !! $100 add on , and use your Costco card and got 2% rebate on purchase .this Allowed me to double my solar inverter capacity AND add another 3.6 kw battery , plus redundancy if either goes out !. I feed delta 2 set up into Delta 1 AC charger And set to draw 600 watts and it shuts off at 20% . This allows me to run 6 circuits completely off grid …. All the time unless x cloudy days … then I shut off for a few hours to let batteries catch up . I’m waiting for summer , and at that point I’ll rig a “ generic “ 4.8 kw LiFepo4 to store the extra energy , and recharge the Deltas if needed .

Btw …. 8 awg wire should suffice …. And that’s about as big as I see made and connections for … I use 8 awg on both strings … 50 feet …. No issues . I’m putting a shut off switch so I can service both strings , and I put 30 amp fuse on + side for added protection ( although doubt you need )

So I bought 38 solar panells8REC
Does anyone know where I can find all hardware and inverter s and rails for these type panels so I can install on flat roof

where can I find all these mounting brackets and rails and all that is needed

Back