diy solar

diy solar

Total solar power newbie. Currently what is the best value lifepo4 battery brand? Used For backwoods camping power needs.

steveca4

I’m trying to set myself up to travel all of North America, backwoods camping, in my Mazda truck. It’s my top bucket list goal.
I have a few small USB devices and a trolling motor to be regularly recharged. What is currently the best value 12v lifepo4 battery. Also best value portable solar panel? Thank you everyon. Steve (66 yrs). Manitoba

I’m trying to set myself up to travel all of North America, backwoods camping, in my Mazda truck. It’s my top bucket list goal.
I have a few small USB devices and a trolling motor to be regularly recharged. What is currently the best value 12v lifepo4 battery. Also best value portable solar panel? Thank you everyon. Steve (66 yrs). Manitoba
You should not try to charge a LiFePo4 battery if the battery is less than 32f/0c. Some have built in heaters if you know you are going to be charging in the cold. So deciding if you need a heated battery (self heating) or if you will make sure it is warmed before charging, that decision will affect your battery options.

have a few small USB devices
Easy
and a trolling motor to be regularly recharged.
Weellllllll that’s a bit of a quandary. You’ll want to be using the battery during the most productive time to recharge it. Unless you have two trolling batteries to swap around.
What is currently the best value 12v lifepo4 battery.
That’s partly subjective. Amazonian has a decent 100Ah for $350 but without low temperature cutoff. Just don’t charge below freezing.
Also best value portable solar panel?
I wouldn’t do those.
Buy four 100W windyNation or Rich panels (windyNation monocrystaline are a bit smaller) and rivet on your own hinges, two pairs of panels. Or six if you wish. 400W might recharge the trolling battery in a day.
Portables often aren’t as durable as commodity 100W frames are.
Thank you everyon. Steve (66 yrs). Manitoba

Back