diy solar

diy solar

Trace 5548 generator settings

Milton

Trace 5548 generator settings
I use two Trace 5548 in parallel and am now trying to add a 120v generator backup.

I can successfully manually start the generator. AC2 In Good will blink for ~ 10 seconds and then go unto bulk charging. All is good.

I can successfully use the Gen Menu on the "master" inverter to turn "On" and "Off" the 2-wire generator. AC2 will blink for ~ 10 seconds. Gen starts. Then it blinks for ~40 seconds and goes into bulk charging. All is good.

But when the Gen Menu is in Auto mode, and I raise my LBCO above my current battery level, here is what happens:
- AC2 blinks for ~ 10 seconds
- Gen starts
- AC2 blinks for ~ 40 seconds and turns off Gen. I would have thought it would go into bulk charging.
- About 30 seconds later, the cycle repeats this loop until I manually put the Gen Menu in Off mode.

Any idea why the Auto Gen mode will not go into bulk charging mode?
Thanks.

Hi Milton,

I have no experience with the Trace line of Inverters. We still use Xantrex SW=5548s, but never use Auto Gen Start with them.

The only thing that comes to mind, is that there might be separate Settings for charge parameters when using AGS.

I do not have a manual for your inverter, and online Manual sources, make finding info more consuming of the little time available, just now.

You might look in your manual, or try poking around in AGS settings Menus.
Nothing really useful to say, but, Good Luck! 'Luke'

Back