diy solar

diy solar

Tracer BN two blinking green lights slow charge but battery not fully charged

Dayneja

I have a Tracer BN attached to 2 - 206ah SOK batteries. I occasionally find the controller with two blinking green lights. Usually that indicates the batteries are fully charged. But checking the shunt meter the batteries are at not close, last time it happened the batteries were at 70%. The Mt-50 display says 5amps are going to the batteries when the pannels are in full sun. If I disconnect the Tracer BN power and reconect it immediately jumps to 40amp output. I followed Will's recommended Lifepo settings. I know this controller is not designed for lifepo charing but many people have no problems with it. Does anyone have an idea whats happening and what settings i should check? After many years planning and work my off grid cabin finally has a real refrigerator. I am concerned that when I'm away this controll will not top up my batteries and I'll return to spoiled food. Thanks for the help.

Your in error, it works well with lpo4 batteries. I am running 2 of them. It is programmed with the user function. You need to put together some more information. The blinking lights mean that the batteries are in float mode. When in float mode what does each battery read with a volt meter? What are the mt50 settings on the epever? Once you get some info we can go from there.

Back