diy solar

diy solar

Tracer3210AN float voltage not measuring up

bjfields

I set my TracerAN to float at 13.8v, but I'm only measuring 13.5 volts at the battery terminals. Should I be concerned about this?

3 x 100watt panels, EPEver 3210AN, 100AH LiFePO4 from AimsCorp.

BTW, not meaning to hijack my own thread but...
I just received a second battery and will run parallel. Is it advisable to re-cable so that the positive lead comes off one battery and the negative off the other?

I set my TracerAN to float at 13.8v, but I'm only measuring 13.5 volts at the battery terminals. Should I be concerned about this?

3 x 100watt panels, EPEver 3210AN, 100AH LiFePO4 from AimsCorp.

Possibly.

Measure at the battery terminals and and at the tracer terminals. If they are much different, you have a loose connection, your cables are too thin, or the fuse/breaker in the line has too much resistance.

If they are the same, then there is an error measurement either in the Tracer or your meter.

BTW, not meaning to hijack my own thread but...
I just received a second battery and will run parallel. Is it advisable to re-cable so that the positive lead comes off one battery and the negative off the other?

Yes. "Wiring" in link #2 in my signature for best practices when joining batteries.

I wonder if the RBVS interface connection would help? I see a variable difference between controller voltage and battery voltage. It wanders between .08v under when not charging to as much as 1.1v over under heavy charge. I've adjusted my voltages to compensate, but it's really estimated as a light charge runs the battery up higher than a heavy one. Hard to anticipate the variation.

Back