diy solar

diy solar

Tracking Basen shipments

hwse

Solar Enthusiast
Anyone have any experience with Basen Green aka Shenzhen Basen Technoloty Co. Ltd. aka Emily Peng / Daria Long?

Please share your experience.

I ordered tw
o 12v 460Ah batteries from Basen Green and assumed that it would have full tracking like every other product that I have ordered from AliExpress or Alibabba with details showing when it left the warehouse and and was loaded on the boat. If this is the normal for a $2 electronic bit, I assumed that it would be normal for a +$2,000 order. The web page has a tab for entering your "tracking number" and I was told that I would get a tracking number once the package was shipped.
In the FAQ section, that state that for overseas orders, delivery should be expected in 40-55 days.

After the order was placed, I received a FedEx tracking number from Fortuna, CA to my address but it did not provide any info for tracking from the China warehouse until it arrived at the FedEx facility. I entered the proivded number into the Basen tracking page but it was not a valid number. When I asked Daria about getting the "Basen number" I was told that they cannot provide any tracking of the package until it arives at the Fortuna facility. The email also said that I would expect the package in 50-60 "WORKING DAYS" which is significantly longer than the expected 45-50 days (I assumed calender days because the boat will not stop to take the weekends off!)

Based on my own personal experience and my recollection of dozens of similar accounts on this site, what you describe is pretty typical of most cell shipments.

If you press hard, you might get them to go through the extra steps to get info from the shipper as to what boat it's on and when the estimated arrival date is.

My cells took seven calendar weeks in the 10/2020-1/2021 timeframe.

thanks. I would love to get the name of the boat because then I can track it on AIS.

Update on my Basen Green 460Ah @ 12v packs. The tracking was dark until the package was received by FedEx, but I was able to get the name of the boat they were shipped on. Thanks for the tip @sunshine_eggo. They arrived on the day that Basen predicted when I first ordered them which was very nice. The boxes were a little bit rough around the edges which was probably due to the foam not being quite thick enough to fully fill the outer box. Other than the damage to the cardboard, everything was fine with the product. They were both at 13.28v (3.32v/cell) and 53%& 59% SOC with delta-v less than 10mv. I then put them on a 100A charger and set the parameters at absorption at 14.2v for 30-minutes and float at 13.4v. When the pack voltage got to just under 14.1v I got an OVC with a voltage delta of almost 300mv on both batteries. They both were very low on cell 1. Charge balance was on and I needed to reduce the charge voltage to 13.8v in order to keep it charge slowing enough to not drive cell 4 into AVC. I then changed the balance from charge balance "on" to "off" and left the charger voltage at 13.6v.

Over the next couple of day, the delta voltage dropped from 300mv down to 10mv. (y)

Now that they are fully balanced, I will start doing some capacity testing over the next several days.

Back