diy solar

diy solar

Tracking build information, notes & projects

rafael09ed

I started looking into mobile solar power the other day and I have already learned so much from Will Prowse's videos. I wanted to try to give back to the knowledge pool and share what I've been using to keep track of everything I've learned. I've been using Notion to track everything for this project and have been using it to "cognitive offload" what I have to remember. It allows you to embed videos, LaTeX formulas, images, links, sub-pages, kanban boards, store text, files and create tables that are easy to view and change. It can be quite complex but you can also keep it as simple as you like it. I just wanted to share it with you because the community has helped me. I'm not affiliated with them at all.
If you are looking for something to keep track of your projects I highly recommend Notion. However, if you still need a solution for tracking everything and aren't a fan of notion there are many other tools you can look at including Microsoft OneNote, AirTables, Evernote or obsidian.md (if you like local hosting). I'm just a computer nerd who loves tools and this is an amazing tool for me. Here's a little gif to show you what it looks like:
2mORquK.gif

Tools like that are great, I started using OneNote just after it came out in 2003. If you're a student and haven't heard about this level of note integration you owe it to yourself to check it out.

I’ve just been using Apple notes to track everything related to my van build. I like it because it syncs across all of my devices and it’s always just a few swipes or clicks away. I’d not heard of notion though so I’ll definitely take a look.

Back