diy solar

diy solar

Traditional Battery Case for 280ah Cells

Here are a couple of pics with the Eve 280ah cells and BMS inside. Fit is perfect with room on the end for BMS. Just thinking how I'm going to secure them in the box. Terminals on lid are M8. Comes with handles. Will most likely use screw to secure lid.

Greg
did you use any type of compression?

I just ordered 120 of these boxes. Send me a PM if you like more info. I received them in recently and are very nice. Scale of one to ten, a ten. And I'm picky about this stuff. Cells fit snugly with a couple mm to spare. There is room left over for a 200A Daly BMS, but I would not say much bigger. View attachment 40319View attachment 40324
How do you feel about the heat dissipation in a sealed case? Particularly a fan cooled BMS like the Daily 200A

I just ordered 120 of these boxes. Send me a PM if you like more info. I received them in recently and are very nice. Scale of one to ten, a ten. And I'm picky about this stuff. Cells fit snugly with a couple mm to spare. There is room left over for a 200A Daly BMS, but I would not say much bigger. View attachment 40319View attachment 40324
Also - do you have any options for compression inside?

Thanks for figuring this out. Ordered two of these boxes and got them today, they are exactly as you described. Pretty decent for a $35 box, even if they cost $110 more to get them to my doorstep.

i used a std lage battery box. 4 cells fit nice. much room in de cover for shunts/BMS/ fuses. Will compress the cells with ply ends and make a lashing around the pack. Than pack some foam to secure the pack in the box.

first BMS connection and fitting the cells in the box
51025267046_133ff9efdc_c.jpg

i used a std lage battery box. 4 cells fit nice. much room in de cover for shunts/BMS/ fuses. Will compress the cells with ply ends and make a lashing around the pack. Than pack some foam to secure the pack in the box.

first BMS connection and fitting the cells in the box
51025267046_133ff9efdc_c.jpg
Where did you get the battery box? Have you got a link?

A lot depends on what your plan is for the battery. I intend to drop mine on the front of my travel trailer, so getting the purpose-built box works pretty well. It will drop right in place of the FLAs that I have there now, in the existing box. I wouldn't want to put bare cells directly in the box, as I don't trust the weatherproofing that much.

That’s been my dilemma, chew up storage space and worry less about the elements or put them in the front but require a water tight box. If the latter I’ll build the box so I can be certain it’s sealed. Currently I’m leaning towards a truck toolbox to store a bunch of the stuff I have in the storage bay and free up the space needed for the batteries.

That’s been my dilemma, chew up storage space and worry less about the elements or put them in the front but require a water tight box. If the latter I’ll build the box so I can be certain it’s sealed. Currently I’m leaning towards a truck toolbox to store a bunch of the stuff I have in the storage bay and free up the space needed for the batteries.
check post 81.. water tight 8 cell box $35 local

I saw that, definitely a nice and cost effective solution. My problem is weight, 100+ lbs is too much to be lugging around. I’m in a winter area so will need to remove them every year. You could go with 2 smaller but then you run into a challenging connecting the two in parallel while remaining water tight.

I saw that, definitely a nice and cost effective solution. My problem is weight, 100+ lbs is too much to be lugging around. I’m in a winter area so will need to remove them every year. You could go with 2 smaller but then you run into a challenging connecting the two in parallel while remaining water tight.
115lbs final weight

Back