diy solar

diy solar

Transfer switch that can balance load but with minimal or no batteries to pass through gird down solar

JD3

Will, I am using an enphase microinverter system. I would desperately like to use some kind of transfer switch that could balance the load when the grid goes down. I don't really want to buy a full battery bank. Just pass through power. Do I really need an inverter? Isn't the power from my microinverters already a/c matching the correct frequency? Any ideas on products that could do this?

Will, I am using an enphase microinverter system. I would desperately like to use some kind of transfer switch that could balance the load when the grid goes down. I don't really want to buy a full battery bank. Just pass through power. Do I really need an inverter? Isn't the power from my microinverters already a/c matching the correct frequency? Any ideas on products that could do this?

Grid-tied inverters can't produce power independently without a grid-forming power source. No really sure what you mean by transfer switch for load balancing.

Perhaps this is similar to what you have in mind

If you were to purchase a permanent generator they will provide you such a transfer switch the is auto to Gen when the grid goes down, but there is no such switch for a grid-tied solar system that I know about. It's a very manual process. It can be done manually but it will require another inverter for OFF grid like a Growatt as the alternative off-grid system with some type of large battery storage array.

Back