diy solar

diy solar

Travel Trailer 24v LiFePo4 / Solar / Charger / Inverter system setup...

I have a 24 v system and would not go back to 12v. Most major draws, heaters, stoves, and even fans have 24v options negating the need for buck converters. Yes I have some 12 v hook ups but 24 to 12 v converters are cheap and plentiful. 24 v is the future as more power is becoming available. Check out the packaged solutions from watts24.com...smaller, cheaper, and better than comparable Victron systems. Victron is great but you pay for it and in most cases there are good enough options
Can you please point me in the direction of a 24 volt fan?
Preferably a venting fan like a maxxair.

hmmm Not sure there is one? I have 2 Maxxair fans.. but they will run off my 12v step down from the distribution panel

Ill see what I can find

Why not use a step down converter for a normal maxxair? Looks like the Maxxair fan is about a 4.5a draw and a 9a startup.
I would prefer to avoid having a step down converter.
WFCO panels are rated for 24VDC and I would like to run one at system voltage.
I'd be one step closer if I could find a ventilation fan that ran on 24VDC @johnontheweb seemed to know so I politely bumped the question.

Is a Victron 24/12 40 Buck converter worth the money over one of those china Dealios?

Victron $120 CAD China Buck converter $60

Well I am getting close to install time. Yay.

I belive the only thing I am missing area crimper, and some lugs.

20210505_110614.jpg

Nice! The lack of the right lugs held me up for a few days. Heat shrink tubing did too, but I proceeded without it and did that later.

Back