diy solar

diy solar

Trina 410w TSM-410-DE15H(II) Solar Panels - Tampa FL Area

RogerD

I'm going to order some Trina 410w TSM-410-DE15H(II) Solar Panels.

I only need 2 and will cost me $283 each with shipping from ecodirect.

If I buy 4 or more from Solaris / shipped it's a better deal.

4 - $253 each
6 - $240 each
8 - $235 each

Hit me up if you want any and I will order and we can all save.

My preference is to just buy 6. It's a decent saving over 2 and I'm only on the hook to sell 4 in case anyone fails to buy.

Any experience you can share about the Trina panels? I'm thinking of picking up some as well. Thanks!
Not first hand. But I have messaged with a few people that have the 410's and they all said they work great / happy with them. So I figured I'd give them a try.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying to figure out the best option for a 16kw system. I saw some Trina 550w and 600w panels. I'm curious if there's anyone here who's had experience with the higher output Trina's. I'd hate to find out they suck and have to replace them early.

Thanks again for your reply!

You mentioned Solaris - I can only offer one limited data point.

I live here in Denver, and in 2016 was building a solar power system to be installed in the mountains here in Colorado. I found Solaris on line and found their prices to be pretty competitive. I tried to contact them to see if I could do a pick-up of panels and batteries rather than pay the crazy shipping. It didn't make sense to me to pay high shipping to be shipped basically from where I am to where I wanted to install, when I could easily just cart the stuff myself when I went to go do the install and assembly.

I could not - no matter what I tried - get them to respond. I tried calling a couple of times, and emailed to the address on their site MANY times. It was like the web site was just a fake, and there was no business behind it. I think I decided later that wasn't the case, but that was the impression they made.

I don't mean to disparage Solaris. I don't know anything about them other than what is on the web. However, I really did try to find out more about them. They didn't seem to want to respond, so I decided they should not be anywhere on my list.

I actually know someone that has purchased stuff from Solaris.

What they purchased was shipped / not picked up.

I actually know someone that has purchased stuff from Solaris.

What they purchased was shipped / not picked up.
That's fine. My point wasn't about pick-up vs. shipped. It was that they refused to respond do any contact for many weeks. But you seem fine with them, so go for it.

That's fine. My point wasn't about pick-up vs. shipped. It was that they refused to respond do any contact for many weeks. But you seem fine with them, so go for it.
What I was getting at was that they had their purchase shipped / had to reason to contact them.

I've had zero problems contacting Solaris via their contact form and getting a response back from them.

So yea, I have no concerns whatsoever.

What I was getting at was that they had their purchase shipped / had to reason to contact them.

I've had zero problems contacting Solaris via their contact form and getting a response back from them.

So yea, I have no concerns whatsoever.
Ok. Maybe they have fixed whatever issue they had in 2016. That would be good.

4 - $253 each
6 - $240 each
8 - $235 each

My preference is to just buy 6. It's a decent saving over 2 and I'm only on the hook to sell 4 in case anyone fails to buy.
I was wanting to build an offgrid with twin 48v battery banks. I got a quote for 16 panels (A-1 Solarstore) then saw this in the questions...
What microinverter would you suggest for the trina 410?
Clare 01/27/2021
Enphase IQ7A
So they don't come with the microinverter? What most panels look like they are plug n play. If you gotta go buy this microinverter to use the panel then that changes the scope of my buying decision, maybe I should look for something else?
Subtotal: $3,416.64
Shipping cost: $245.00

Total cost: $3,661.64

4 - $253 each
6 - $240 each
8 - $235 each

Did you follow through with this purchase? Interested in 2

Back