diy solar

diy solar

Trolling motor battery in a fat 50 ammo can

1- In the idea, I want to create a battery at low cost but with a suitable quality by carefully selecting the products of our Chinese friends. My budget does not allow me to pay 80 € (half the price of the cells) for a circuit breaker.
2- Aucun problème. Le disjoncteur est en route. Dès que je le reçois, je reviens vers vous pour les tests car je ne sais rien!
1- Compréhensible
2- (y)

Je n'ai pas expérimenté la partie Aliexpress que vous avez lié. Mais il y a des gens sur ce forum qui ont fait, et le consensus général est qu'ils ne sont pas très bons. Cela dit, si vous souhaitez essayer, allez-y et achetez-en un, vous aurez peut-être plus de chance.
Ci-dessous, j'ai lié le même disjoncteur que ci-dessus, mais avec une entreprise en France. Oui, ils sont chers, mais pour moi, cela vaut la tranquillité d'esprit.:)

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.navicom.fr/plaisance/ma...ues-etanches-tableau-et-encastrable-serie-187 [/ URL]
Si vous achetez sur Aliexpress, veuillez nous indiquer à quel point cela fonctionne bien ou mal, ici. ?

Hello, I received the circuit breaker purchased on Aliexpress. I chose a vendor who manufacturer. I paid a little more than average for the product on Aliexpress, hope it will be of good quality. Here is the technical sheet provided by the seller as well as the photo:
IMG_20201110_100352.jpg
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Specification:
Single pole,thermal device.
Rating:25-250A T3@48Vdc
Interrupt Capacity:25-150A 1.5KA@72VDC,180-250A 1.5KA@14vdc
eNDURANCE FOR e9_123:500 cycles, 200% 14Vdc
Housing is thermal plastic UL rated 94V0.
Splash and dust proof at IP67 GRADE.
Operating Temperature: -32C to 82C (-25F to 180F)
Storage Temperature: -34C to 149C (-30F to 300F)
Stud Size:1/4"-28 threads per inch.
Torque rating:50in-lb(5.6Nm)max.
Meet S.A.E. J1625, J1171, UL1500 (Ignition Protected)
Manual reset(with swithabal),rate up to 48Vdc
Surface mount, protective stud insulators included.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
However, I still haven't received the cells, I think they are lost ... I will buy some tomorrow for 11.11 ... How could I test the circuit breaker while waiting? thank you,

Could you use it to run the motor?
That might be your best way of seeing if it can handle the amperage.

Really happy to hear the Bluetooth Module works if you are close to the can. I'm doign a similar project and was thinkin gthat might be a problem.

On the water! At trolling speed the motor uses a little less than 3 amps. So that is 20+ hours of trolling on one charge. That should be enough for even the most avid fisherman I think.
What trolling motor did you find that only pulls 3 amps?

Minn Kota Traxis 45
Are you talking about out of the water, spinning in air? Rule of thumb is 1amp for every lb of thrust. While that is probably a rule that errs an the high side, that motor pulls every bit of 35-40 amps at WOT. It takes more than 3 amps to spin the prop on the lowest setting

We (two men in an inflatable raft) moved along at about 2.5mph (trolling speed) using 3 amps of current.

There might have been a bit of wind that day. I'll test it again in the spring when the ice on the lake melts. But it will be close to what I observed before. Those Minn Kota motors with the digital maximizers are very efficient at low speeds.

A word of advice though. This is not a political forum. If you take joy in being rude and trolling others you will prosper on other sites, but here you will mostly be ignored.

There might have been a bit of wind that day. I'll test it again in the spring when the ice on the lake melts. But it will be close to what I observed before. Those Minn Kota motors with the digital maximizers are very efficient at low speeds.

A word of advice though. This is not a political forum. If you take joy in being rude and trolling others you will prosper on other sites, but here you will mostly be ignored.
I understand. I have been playing with trolling motors and digital maximisers (pwm controllers) on kayaks for years. I have built several different systems. Currently I run a 24lb thrust Watersnake, because it only sips about 75% of the watts/amps of the 30lbs thrust minn kota, and gives me the same power and speed performance. My Watersnake will probably draw 50% of the watts/amps of 45lb thrust that you have.

To move only drawing 3amps, I wouldn't not go more than 0.5 mph. At max speed of 4.6mph I draw 15 amps. The sweet spot for speed/amp draw is about 4mph where I draw 12 amps.

All of that is in a hard kayak, which is going a lot faster with the same amp draw of an inflatable. Because I have motorized one of those too :)

The first pic is my hard kayak, DIY remote controlled ESC system. (in the paddle flag box) My DIY battery is in the tank well.

The second pic is my inflatable with a pwm controller and LFP batts harvested from medical equipment (barely see the batt case and pwm box under the life jackets, but its the best pic I have)

20200820_132410.jpg20190622_182004.jpg

I understand. I have been playing with trolling motors and digital maximisers (pwm controllers) on kayaks for years. I have built several different systems. Currently I run a 24lb thrust Watersnake, because it only sips about 75% of the watts/amps of the 30lbs thrust minn kota, and gives me the same power and speed performance. My Watersnake will probably draw 50% of the watts/amps of 45lb thrust that you have.

To move only drawing 3amps, I wouldn't not go more than 0.5 mph. At max speed of 4.6mph I draw 15 amps. The sweet spot for speed/amp draw is about 4mph where I draw 12 amps.

All of that is in a hard kayak, which is going a lot faster with the same amp draw of an inflatable. Because I have motorized one of those too :)

The first pic is my hard kayak, DIY remote controlled ESC system. (in the paddle flag box) My DIY battery is in the tank well.

The second pic is my inflatable with a pwm controller and LFP batts harvested from medical equipment (barely see the batt case and pwm box under the life jackets, but its the best pic I have)

View attachment 30720View attachment 30721
Ya know...
Different volts pull different amps at similar loads, right?
any chance YOU are using 12V, and he is discussing 24V?

Hi, That's it! After the third time I received the batteries !!! This time I ordered from Alibaba. These are 100ahs. I will be able to start construction !!! But already a problem ... I think I'm going to run out of space in my ammo box, right ??

Attachments

• IMG_20210303_090051.jpg
    IMG_20210303_090051.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 6
Back