diy solar

diy solar

Trophy batteries to sync with Growatt or solar assistant

Rosstafarian

Anyone been able to connect their Trophy batteries with their Growatt inverter and/or solar assistant?
Which of the 50 LI settings did you use? Which cable combination did you use from battery to inverter?
Thank you.

Growatt 12k mpv
Trophy 100ah

Which battery setting did you use?
Which firmware version are you running?
Send screen shot and if possible.

Thanks.

Which battery setting did you use?
Which firmware version are you running?
Send screen shot and if possible.

Thanks.
F4420299-A314-4220-AFBE-E0D917604E96.png
Just follow the instructions on the Solar Assistant website. I used the 485 adapter that came with the Trophy Batteries. I might suggest you install the Trophy Battery software on a laptop and get their monitoring software working on the computer. That way you can verify the battery is communicating. Once that is working unplug from computer and plug into SA.

I too just got my Trophy Battery talking to Solar Assistant just yesterday. I did have to update Solar Assistant to the most recent version. But the cable it comes with works perfect.

My Trophy cable that came with my batteries arrived with a broken wires so that threw me for a loop. I had to take it apart and with some pin outs from Dan I resoldered the connector and everything is great.

View attachment 121459
Just follow the instructions on the Solar Assistant website. I used the 485 adapter that came with the Trophy Batteries. I might suggest you install the Trophy Battery software on a laptop and get their monitoring software working on the computer. That way you can verify the battery is communicating. Once that is working unplug from computer and plug into SA.
so....i got it working! but.....its only showing i have 2 packs, i have 6. i will keep messing with it. Any thoughts in the meantime might be helpful.
thank you!

Checked the dip switch addresses? Did you set all your batteries to #1 and see if they all read individually?

Checked the dip switch addresses? Did you set all your batteries to #1 and see if they all read individually?
I spoke with Dan, yes he answered my text on a holiday weekend.
Ended up setting master battery to have all dip switches in the down position and the other 5 as per the manual.
Reboot and all batteries present and accounted for.
I’ll do some voltage/amperage tests with meter to see how accurate the readings in SA are.

Best.

I’m glad you got them going. I figured it was a dip switch setting. My master is #1 up rest down I wonder why the difference? I have the 220 eve’s

I’m glad you got them going. I figured it was a dip switch setting. My master is #1 up rest down I wonder why the difference? I have the 220 eve’s

Back