diy solar

diy solar

Troubleshooting Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM 48P ; no solar charging.

apctjb

Solar Enthusiast
I recently upgraded the firmware on my SPF 3000TL LVM 48P which resulted in total loss of MPPT solar charging.

Prior to upgrading solar charging worked fine; PV icon would show on the display screen and PV would power loads and charge batteries. Afterward no PV icon on display; no charging.

Checked at the PV input terminals and proper voltage and current available; the invert just doesn't seem to recognize that PV is present.

Also noticed that the screen which displays the firmware version for the secondary CPU is now showing 000 000 00 and prior to flashing was 002 518 03 . No idea of this is related to the problem or not.

Could flashing the firmware have fired the MPPT board? Seems unlikely as its the control board that is being flashed, but I don't know?

Anyone else run into this and any ideas on how to troubleshoot/ repair.

what firmware did you put? because for this model i didnt find any firmware

Firmware available on Watt247 website. In my case the firmware was provided by Growatt directly. And it definitely screwed up MPPT functioning. After much messing around was able to flash an earlier firmware version and regained MPPT functionality. A word of advice to others, approach updating firmware with caution.

"one firmware is for MPPT Board, other is for Inverter Board, both need to be flashed.
Flash MPPT Board when solar is attached and Solar Icon is illuminated
So flash them both with when connected to Solar and battery power (remove load from output)"

Don't know if this puts any light on your situation. Just received new version from Growatt and you have me nervous about flashing it.

"one firmware is for MPPT Board, other is for Inverter Board, both need to be flashed.
Flash MPPT Board when solar is attached and Solar Icon is illuminated
So flash them both with when connected to Solar and battery power (remove load from output)"

Don't know if this puts any light on your situation. Just received new version from Growatt and you have me nervous about flashing it.
I have issues with my units too, looking the way to recover the PV charging in one of the units, I made the upgrade to a newest firmware and the unit with issues continue the same and a couple of weeks after that the other unit loose the PV icon and the is not charging too.
Other thing is the recommendation to do the upgrade when the PV icon is “on”, but if this is the issue to solve? How can be be perform it?

Back