diy solar

diy solar

Truck Camper large 12v system

neil_99

Hello. I'm working on designing a power system for my truck camper which will be arriving early next year. I'm fairly green when it comes to electrical design, but I've tried to read up as much as possible. The attached drawing is what I currently plan on installing in the basement of the truck camper. I've already ordered 16 - EVE 304A cells from Amy as well as 4 - JBD 100A BMS. I haven't ordered anything else in the drawing. The truck will have a 397A alternator. In addition to the actual load carrying wire, I plan on running a control wire for the dc charging to the upfitter switches on the truck. I don't really plan to charge using idling, just while I'm driving down the road. My plan is to build the batteries first, then do the basement wiring, then the external DC-DC charging run, and last the solar panels. I've got time to make sure I'm doing this right. Please look over my design, and let me know if you see any issues. Or if you have suggestions for things that would work better, please let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• 12v layout.pdf
    65.9 KB · Views: 28
I just noticed that my notes on the DC-DC charger should actually be on the run to the house 12v system. Also, if this would be better in the Vehicle Mounted Forum, let me know.

Back