diy solar

diy solar

Trump Administration Lowers Import Tariffs on Chinese Batteries

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
Trump Administration Lowers Import Tariffs on Chinese Batteries
The drop from 15 percent to 7.5 percent will improve project economics, but uncertainty lingers.
Julian Spector January 17, 2020

Partial Extract:
The White House halved import tariffs on batteries manufactured in China as part of the larger trade deal signed this week.

The tariff on batteries, just one part of $300 billion worth of Chinese goods targeted by the White House last year, will fall from 15 percent to 7.5 percent, effective February 14. The move will incrementally improve economics for grid storage projects planning to use battery cells, modules and packs made in China. However, the decision does not end policy interference in the energy storage marketplace. The reduction came in response to a Phase One trade agreement; further negotiations may lead to additional changes.

“For sure, this is a step in the right direction, but we believe lithium-ion batteries shouldn’t have been listed for tariffs on Chinese goods in the first place,” said Kelly Speakes-Backman, CEO of the Energy Storage Association, in an email Friday.

For More follow the article link above.

Good news. I've been waiting for that before pulling the trigger on my purchase.

people will be too afraid to order something from china and not sure the plant will run at full capacity currently, so Mr Trump take no risk.

the risk that demande rise and offer goes down (due to virus) , so price increase.
at the end you pay the same.

find a good offer on Alibaba
probably you will find better offer for 300a cell, because they are more common so cheaper.
100 and 200A is what you can find easy. big capacity is less common.
and if you get problem with a cell, it is easier and cheaper to replace.

Yes, I want 300 AH cells 16S2P to have redundancy. I will probably buy 33 cells and put 1 in the refrigerator for storage.

OK, it has been a while since I have seen an update on this subject, anyone have an update on this, or know today's impact on panel imports?

Back