diy solar

diy solar

Trying to buy 206 AH SOK batteries, but SOK asked me to "delay until next month"

Ordered one SOK 206 amp hour battery from Amazon back in November 6 for $1285 with tax. Amazon cancel the order because they never shipped. Re-ordered in December something for $1028 before tax. SOK emailed me on Monday the 28th 2020 asking me to cancel the order from Amazon and order through them. I emailed back said no for fill the Amazon order. Have not heard back yet. When and if it gets here I am opening it up, I have a sneaking suspicion that they changed everything inside. Just my two cents. You just can’t trust anybody anymore sad state of affairs. Except for you will you are the reason I watch your videos is because you show the honesty. Keep up the good work Will. Your teardown videos are my favorite.

for what it's worth, I was exchanging messages with Min a week or so ago and I specifically asked him whether any design/component changes were being implemented (compared to what has been reviewed on youtube). He said no. I was asking about the 100ah version, so it may or may not be relevant to the larger battery. It will be interesting to see if they can get off the ground and compete with some of the more established brands. At the prices they are offering and the apparent build quality, they seem like a decent value. As with any unknown/new entity, there is risk with possible upside or downside.

I ordered 4 206Amp batteries in early December at $1059 a piece. I have not received them yet. I checked with them & they said payment was good. Anyone else in the same boat?

I contacted SOK about the delay on Jan 7 and they responded.

They said the same to me as others here reported: their shipment is delayed because it is stuck in Long Beach. They said to expect them to be shipped by mid January.

Does anyone know why a shipment would be stuck in Long Beach for over a month?

I also emailed SOK and Min responded, confirming that things are still clogged up. These were his exact words:

Hi Mike,
to be honest...
Not yet.
Everything should be fine till February.

Regards,
Min

And here was my email:

Hi Min,

Just checking in again -- is it OK time to order your batteries again? Cells/design is the same? Shipping is unclogged?

Thanks,

Mike

So it sounds like we keep waiting, and maybe in Feb Min expects it might be cleared up.

Tesla releasing the 4680 Format Spec with Tabless Design, by mid 2021 there will be 4680 Format Cells (tabless too) appearing on the market.
Tesla 4680 cells are in house built by Tesla. So you anticipating other vendors making copycat cells? Or you mean harvesting Tesla cells from wrecked cars?

Tesla 4680 cells are in house built by Tesla. So you anticipating other vendors making copycat cells? Or you mean harvesting Tesla cells from wrecked cars?
Panasonic & LG already announced they'll be making 4680 cells for Tesla. More to follow. The format is also not restricted to one chemistry only, so ...

This is good to hear. I am waiting for 3 100AH batteries which I ordered on Nov 6. A month ago, Min said they should come in early December. If the batteries are as good as they seem for the price, I would imagine that sales have gone crazy. I was planning on 2 Battle Born for my van, but after seeing these, I decided to go with 3 of them instead.
Did you ever receive your batteries? I ordered mine 11/11, nothing so far.

Ordered 2 x 100ah batteries on Dec 29 and received them yesterday (Jan 13th). I thought 15 days was pretty quick considering Min told me it would be 20-30 days. I'm in Canada and apparently they shipped direct by air since they don't have a warehouse here. Batteries looks great so far.

Just to add a data point, I ordered 2 of the 206Ah SOK batteries directly from SOK on November 21 for $1029 each. I received both on January 19. I had emailed Min a couple of times during that period. He is responsive. I'm sure they are swamped with orders. Hopefully for them their delays are over.

Last edited:
I ordered 2x 206 Ah batteries from SOK on 11/27/20 and have not received them. On 12/16/20, they (min) said that they were held up in long beach. I asked again 1/25/21 and they said all orders from November had shipped. However mine had not. He said maybe my payment was an issue??? They took my order when i made it. I complained that their customer service was very lacking and they never notified me of any issue and he replied "Complaining can not fix the issue."

I am very disappointed with the customer service and fulfillment from SOK Battery. They seem extremely overwhelmed and not very service oriented.

I ordered 2x 206 Ah batteries from SOK on 11/27/20 and have not received them. On 12/16/20, they (min) said that they were held up in long beach. I asked again 1/25/21 and they said all orders from November had shipped. However mine had not. He said maybe my payment was an issue??? They took my order when i made it. I complained that their customer service was very lacking and they never notified me of any issue and he replied "Complaining can not fix the issue."

I am very disappointed with the customer service and fulfillment from SOK Battery. They seem extremely overwhelmed and not very service oriented.
I also had an issue back in November with Min saying my payment was not accepted and that I needed to reorder them. Since I used the exact same payment the second time & it was accepted, it made me wonder...

Got same runaround from SOK finally mid December Amazon de listed SOK batteries due to lack of delivery complaints, fortunately Amazon holds buyers money in escrow till product is delivered so refund is not an issue, spent a bit more and got Battleborns, no ecuses or runaround and warranty work if needed will be a non issue.

Amazon just cancelled my orders for me. 2 x 206ah
Pre-order December 11th, Delivery date was to be FEB14th. Still not shipped.

Back