diy solar

diy solar

Trying to choose an AIO for my Skoolie

Do you expect to have grid access on the land?
Do we expect it - no - is it a possibility - yes. Could we put that as something we HAVE to look for? We can do whatever we want. We are SO open to possibilities. We aren't going to rule anything out geographically except for traveling full time forever. We aren't doing that. We don't want to be nomadic permanently. We'd love a fun road trip and possibly using it to visit family and vacation what not after we settle in a spot, but we are treating our skoolie more as a tiny home than an RV. Choosing the skoolie as our tiny home is allowing us to build it while we still live in our house here where we are while our kids are in high school. If we waited UNTIL we had land, it would really suck trying to find the right spot and then trying to build it without having a place to live.

@FilterGuy Would one of these work for my load? https://shopsolarkits.com/collections/solar-power-systems

Changed just a couple things.... i know i know... it's still probably overestimating....
View attachment 71443
I would not choose that myself. The Chinese brands struggle to meet quality standards, ones without known brand names are a lesson in failure analysis and you are your own repair person likely with only support here.

the magnum midnite combos as well as others are known reliable solid packages that have worked many tens of thousands of times without issues, victron also makes nice equipment and they have full sample installations on their website to see how to match it all up.

Inverter brands that you find here (altestore.com) will generally be reputable and good quality, I'm not endorsing them, but I like that they have a well curated selection, are knowledgeable about the products they sell, and as a company have done a good bit to advance DIY solar and help novices learn.

Back