diy solar

diy solar

Trying to connect a used solar water heater

Karlito1974

Hi folks, I picked up a used evacuated tube solar water heater which was imported from China and comes with no instructions on how to connect it. I managed to have the labels translated, from left to right looking at the photo - 'Inlet/Outlet' (at the edge of the photo), the second connection says 'overflow', the third connection with the water flowing out is not readable, the fourth outlet says 'water level gauge', and the last with the rubber cap says 'sewage outlet'.

The friend who sold it to me has a few of these and he has his connections with cold water into the first inlet and hot water out connected to the second outlet points, and overflow (just an outlet pipe) in the third outlet where the water is coming out in my photo.

So I have no idea what's going on. I imagine the water in and water out cannot be through the same connection, even though it's labelled as such.
And for the overflow do I need a pressure valve or just an outlet pipe?

BTW I live on Zanzibar where there are no plumbers experienced with this type of system and no regulations for installing.
Many thanks, Karl
IMG_6321.png

one of the inlet holes has to be a freeze valve or a temperature and pressure relief valve a freeze valve is usually on the lower part of the panel

Back