diy solar

diy solar

Trying to design hybrid system with Sungold Power TP6048

RecoilFreak

Greetings! I am in very early planning stages for our hybrid solar setup. I have 15 Schuco MPE 225 PS 09 panels - that's the only thing we have purchased. They were offered for a stupid low price locally on facebook marketplace, so I jumped on the deal. Let me start with my expectations: I would like a grid tied system that will charge my batteries and feed power back to the grid while the grid is up and run our 2 refrigerators, one chest style deep freeze, and house lights when the grid is down.

I am looking at the Sungold Power TP6048 for our inverter. All work will be performed by me - not hiring an electrician. I plan on building batteries one at a time over the next several months - 48v LiFePo4 Eve cells with Overkill Solar 100a BMS. Batteries will come later. Right now I just want to get my panels up and feeding the grid to reduce our power usage. Our local co-op buys back power at $.05/kwh. We pay $.11/kwh. Solar panels are Shuco MPE 225 PS 09 - 15 of them. I have attached a pic of the data tag. I plan on installing 3 arrays of 5 panels each. I will have each array on an isolator, all three tied together with a combiner.

Panels, inverter, and batteries will all be installed on/in my metal shop building. My shop has a 200A panel that is fed from my 250a panel on my house. I plan on plugging my inverter into a breaker in my shop panel and back feeding through the shop panel to the house panel and to the grid. This is where I need some assistance. I cannot wrap my head around how to hook this inverter to my system to backfeed the grid. It has A/C input lugs (4 wire - ground, L1, L2, neutral), A/C output lugs (4 wire - ground, L1, L2, neutral), PV input lugs (+,-), and Battery (+,-). Does this inverter have to go between the grid and my house panel, or can I wire it up to my shop panel and achieve my goal? If I CAN hook it directly to my shop panel and get where I want to go, what do I hook up and where (as far as A/C input/output)?

Attachments

• 20220715_114644.jpg
    20220715_114644.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 15
I have recently hooked up this inverter to power my water well and have it set 240 in from grid, 240 out from inverter to well house, pv in from array 6, 240 watt panels, batteryless. I do not have net metering installed so even though it is set to backfeed in the settings (house, not grid) i have not tested everything nor am I confident it is feeding anything back to the house. I will test this weekend.

I have completed testing, as you can see in the pic. on a day we were away, and did not watter outside, it is backfeeding the house enough to cancel our grid consumption.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-201120_My OEC.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-201120_My OEC.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 20
I have completed testing, as you can see in the pic. on a day we were away, and did not watter outside, it is backfeeding the house enough to cancel our grid consumption.
I am trying to hook up the same inverter and get a fault when hooking up the output. How did you connect the output from the inverter to the grid/main panel? Did you change settings on the inverter?
Thank you.

inverter output goes to loads only, grid feedback (if you have net metering) is achieved by the same wire providing power to your inverter (input side) the inverter does this internally. I have a micro grid so it is useful to me, this will not run your electric meter backwards unless you set it up with your utility and they install a meter to allow it.

I am trying to hook up the same inverter and get a fault when hooking up the output. How did you connect the output from the inverter to the grid/main panel? Did you change settings on the inverter?
Thank you.
Have you solved this issue, im at this point

Back