diy solar

diy solar

Turned off discharge mosfet. Help please.

Nathans

Good evening! Well sort of..

I recently purchased 2x100ah Lifepo4 batteries. I noticed one was discharging by a fair amount and would go from 100% down to 85% without any load on it. I made sure they were charged to 100% and removed the charger. I then turned of the discharge mosfet on my BMS smart app. I now have no communication and charger will not recognize it. Please, if you have any experience, can you guide me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Can you try paralleling it with the other battery you have and see if you communicate with it? The charging circuit of the BMS should still be on, it does not make sense that turning off discharging will kill the Bluetooth.
What is the make and model of these two batteries?

I'm wondering if it's because the charger needs to sense the voltage in order to charge it? With the discharge mosfet off, would it try to charge? They were bought from a company called Tournament Lithium and thwy are the 100Ah models.

Some charger will check to see if there is Voltage present at the battery terminals for the charger to come on, some don't, that is why I suggest to hook this battery in the parallel with the working battery and see what will happen.
The charging MOSFET's should have stayed on, and i believe most Bluetooth module get power directly from the battery terminals not through the output terminal of the BMS module.

Good evening! Well sort of..

I recently purchased 2x100ah Lifepo4 batteries. I noticed one was discharging by a fair amount and would go from 100% down to 85% without any load on it. I made sure they were charged to 100% and removed the charger. I then turned of the discharge mosfet on my BMS smart app. I now have no communication and charger will not recognize it. Please, if you have any experience, can you guide me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Some charger will check to see if there is Voltage present at the battery terminals for the charger to come on, some don't, that is why I suggest to hook this battery in the parallel with the working battery and see what will happen.
The charging MOSFET's should have stayed on, and i believe most Bluetooth module get power directly from the battery terminals not through the output terminal of the BMS module.

That makes sense for sure. I just hooked it up in parallel and am not able to see it on my BMS app 1
That's amazing! It finally picked it up!! I did what you said, and hooked it up in parallel. It wouldn't show up at first, so I switched it to led acid charging and it showed up. I'll never turn that off again haha Thank you so much for your help!

That makes sense for sure. I just hooked it up in parallel and am not able to see it on my BMS app 1

That's amazing! It finally picked it up!! I did what you said, and hooked it up in parallel. It wouldn't show up at first, so I switched it to led acid charging and it showed up. I'll never turn that off again haha Thank you so much for your help!
Great! now you have to go to the original problem and find out what is discharging the battery so fast without any load connected.
BTW, what is the make and model of the charger that you have?

Last edited:
Great! now you have to go to the original problem and find out what is discharging the battery so fast without any load connected.
BTW, what is the make and model of the charger that you have?
Yes, at first I thought it had something to do with the balancing feature, but everything was within the parameters, and fully charged. I checked it a couple days later and realized it had gone down 15%. I'll have to dig into it.
I'm using a Noco genius 10 with a lithium setting.

Back