diy solar

diy solar

Turning into a nightmare purchase--from Shenzhen Luyuan (Amy Wan) how to tell if they are LF280K or just LF280?

RV Truck Camper

I ordered four cells first of July. When the UPS shipping became active a day later the order was recalled. Any two the cells showed up today. Cells look pretty good except one of the bottom corners looks smashed.

My question is how can you confirm these cells are the LF280K and not LF280?

Thanks,

Last edited:
I order four cells first of July. When the UPS shipping became active a day later the order was recalled. Any two the cells showed up today. Cells look pretty good except one of the bottom corners looks smashed.

Thanks,
Do you have pictures of the QR codes?

I order four cells first of July. When the UPS shipping became active a day later the order was recalled. Any two the cells showed up today. Cells look pretty good except one of the bottom corners looks smashed.

Thanks,
Read the spec sheet in the resources section here.

I'm probably over thinking this but I have yet to have seen this resource section. If you do not mind can you please post a link.

Attachments

• 20210903_120042.jpg
    20210903_120042.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 49

I got some LF280K a month or so ago.
the barcode label specifically says “LF280K” on it
see photo in my post here

I got some LF280K a month or so ago.
the barcode label specifically says “LF280K” on it
see photo in my post here
Odd as it may sound, the QR code is different for different grade of cells. If they were matched at the factory, they will have the watt hours printed on them. At least for the 280AH Eve cells.

This purchase is started to turn into a nightmare.
Ordered in July. Cells reached the states at the very end of August. Three days later there was a return to shipper request. Here is where things come apart. The return to shipper was on both packages, for some reason one package got delivered to me the next day while the other one was sent back to CA. I was told from Amy the warehouse had an explosion. I live just an hour from the warehouse never heard of any explosion on the news. When I asked from more detail, never heard anymore about it. Now the package was returned I asked for more details on what is going on. All I ever hear is waiting on "the logistics company" or sending information to.

The ad showed K version cells when I placed the order first part of July. Amy is saying Eve wasn't shipping K cells till August even though her ad showed K cell in July.

The two cells I received are older then N cells. So far the seller has refuse to recall the old cells and still priest on sending the older cells that where returned.

This is the only reason I received on why the cells where recalled. "UPS warehouse had some issues, so all packages of that batch were recalled. After all the packages in that container have been returned, my logistics company will arrange delivery again." I have never heard of UPS doing such a recall when it was the shipper here in the US that recalled the package.

I'm getting tired of the run around. I've request a refund but I' sure I will have to deal with the excuse.

In the mean time, anyone have an advise?

Thank you,

Amy is not the shipping company. If I was to guess (and it is a guess) it sounds like UPS figured out these are batteries, and they are equating them with the debacle going on with the Michael Caro shipping in the group buy thread. Some of those are so poorly packaged that I am very surprised they were delivered and the hazmat team wasn't called. I suspect it was in some cases, and you and Amy are caught up in the fallout. I would not be surprised if the same shipping consolidator was used, and possibly even the same shipping container. Those packages have massive cell leaks, someone basically threw 4 cells in a box and taped it closed, with expected results.

Also in the two months I've learned these cells are just LF280 and not even the N cells.
I would not get hung up on the version numbers if they meet specs. The difference is the newer versions are certified to meet new standards in EV cells in China.

What about the damaged cell?
First post in this thread:

Many more follow.
Remember, these are not packed and shipped by Amy, but it is likely the same shipping consolidator was used, and UPS is likely refusing any more deliveries from them (I think, I don't know).

What about the damaged cell?
Ah, I had to look back and see you received a damaged cell.
I can't answer that, I assume you contacted Amy, did she suggest any resolution? She does a really good job packing, much better than most.
How badly damaged is the cell? Is it still usable?

The package has crush marks all over it. On the bottom corner is the worst one same location on the cell where the corner is dented.

I had originally choose Amy because of the feed back.

Just to bring this thread to an end.

I never received the cells I ordered. Finally received refund yesterday. Through all of this all I heard was "I'll check with my logistics company." Never did I get any facts as to why the cells were recalled by the US shipper and why didn't the second set of cells shipped.

Never got a explanation of what version of cells was the "New Version."

Very disappoint about this transaction. I realize things happened but I feel this was a little beyond the normal.

Just to bring this thread to an end.

I never received the cells I ordered. Finally received refund yesterday. Through all of this all I heard was "I'll check with my logistics company." Never did I get any facts as to why the cells were recalled by the US shipper and why didn't the second set of cells shipped.
Did you get a refund for all 4 or just the 2?
Never got a explanation of what version of cells was the "New Version."
I doubt that they even know themselves. I suspect it's just a different B cell batch with a different problem.
Very disappoint about this transaction. I realize things happened but I feel this was a little beyond the normal.
I know how you feel, I have done some transactions out of China using eBay and it was like one delay after another until the guy finally admitted that he did not have the part he was auctioning! It was like thanks, a three months wait to hear the truth.

Back