diy solar

diy solar

Turning into a nightmare purchase--from Shenzhen Luyuan (Amy Wan) how to tell if they are LF280K or just LF280?

If I was to guess (and it is a guess) it sounds like UPS figured out these are batteries, and they are equating them with the debacle going on with the Michael Caro shipping in the group buy thread.
UPS DG warehouse exploded (I'm not sure how serious it is and I also don't know if it is reported by media), so,UPS recalled all packages of the same batch, including those that have been signed for.

From the beginning of the fiasco in the other thread, I was speculating that it was actually UPS that issued a "recall" once they started seeing issues. There was at least one picture of a cell that had shorted.

As for an explosion, perhaps it was just a cell that shorted and caused an a small issue (vice the building blowing up or something).

IMO those people that had damaged cells are SOL as far as UPS claims are concerned.

I have a UPS account. It showed me who recalled the packages, it was the shipper.

I live in Oklahoma not far from Oklahoma City, never heard anything in the news about a UPS warehouse explosion. The cells actually made it to Tulsa before being shipped back to California.

I just wanted to say I do not have anything personal against Amy, I just didn't like not being straight forward with me, not responding until I would ask again what is going on. I can not stand the silent treatment period.

I have a UPS account. It showed me who recalled the packages, it was the shipper.

I live in Oklahoma not far from Oklahoma City, never heard anything in the news about a UPS warehouse explosion. The cells actually made it to Tulsa before being shipped back to California.

I just wanted to say I do not have anything personal against Amy, I just didn't like not being straight forward with me, not responding until I would ask again what is going on. I can not stand the silent treatment period.
None of these Chinese companies are putting the proper hazmat labels on the packages. Hopefully this isn't a trend moving forward. If the Chinese company start putting that label just expect to be paying way more for these cells. Shipping prices will go through the roof if this is a new trend.

If you are talking about the tracking blurb others have posted pictures of, I am still skeptical. If the shipper actually was the one who recalled them, why? Where are they now? Makes no sense.

None of these Chinese companies are putting the proper hazmat labels on the packages. Hopefully this isn't a trend moving forward. If the Chinese company start putting that label just expect to be paying way more for these cells. Shipping prices will go through the roof if this is a new trend.
Exactly. When I got my cells from basen early this year, they were well packed, but no labeling to indicate batteries. My company ships a bunch of different battery types all over the world and the labeling is a huge deal from a compliance standpoint. Companies try to fly under the radar and skip the proper labeling (and extra shipping costs), but it eventually catches up with them when something goes sideways. I expect the “explosion” was more like a small thermal event when a fork lift stuck a fork where it shouldn’t go. Happens all the time. that kind of event gets a lot of attention, full investigation and corrective actions to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

just didn't like not being straight forward with me, not responding until I would ask again what is going on.
I think she was straightforward with you.
Sounds like she didn’t lie or make something up to appease you, you were probably one of hundreds of people that were effected and the Amy-Co were probably just as annoyed and frustrated as you.

I hafta chirp in on this.... Hundreds of folks have bought battery cells from Luyuan and that is thousands of cells. Very Few have had issues and compared to most other vendors, just a "smidgen" comparatively and MOST being a result of a shipping goof of some sort or another. There are folks who have bought cells in 100 lots and larger... None of them had issues.

So the drama is done, all good and fine but this ONE is tediousness to the extreme already. Seriously, time to sit back, put the feet up and smoke a GIANT PUFFY and CHILLAX already. Drama-Llama's should go play with their own ilk elsewhere. Postulation, Theory, Conjecture and Stereotyping nonsense do not belong in the "real World".

BTW: Renogy shafts more people per day than any other vendor supplier going and no one is ranting about that eh.... Then look at the other Known BAD Vendors that people got pooched by... Move along little dawgies.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion, I'm just stating my experience.

This was the progress of the second shipment FedEx 284062316644

Shipment DetailsShipment DetailsShipment ProgressShipment Progress
09/07/2021
12:02 P.M.
Delivered
Returned to shipper
CHINO, CA, US
09/07/2021
5:08 A.M.
Out for Delivery
Out For Delivery
Ontario, CA, United States
09/06/2021
8:30 P.M.
Arrived at Facility
Ontario, CA, United States
09/06/2021
7:26 P.M.
Departed from Facility
Vernon, CA, United States
09/06/2021
4:14 A.M.
Arrived at Facility
Vernon, CA, United States
09/03/2021
3:25 A.M.
Departed from Facility
Oklahoma City, OK, United States
09/02/2021
3:22 A.M.
Return to Sender Confirmed
We're returning this package to the sender.
09/01/2021
2:29 P.M.
Arrived at Facility
09/01/2021
12:01 A.M.
We've received a request from the sender to return the package.
08/31/2021
2:50 P.M.
Departed from Facility
La Mirada, CA, United States
08/30/2021
1:51 P.M.
Shipped
Origin Scan
La Mirada, CA, United States
07/08/2021
2:49 A.M.
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
United States

Back