diy solar

diy solar

Two 24v Lifepo4 batteries...now what?

nicpaige

My question is...now that I have these batteries can I do anything useful to them balancing wise until my other items arrive? Waiting on a BMS and monitor. I may not get these put to use until springtime. Thanks

You can check the voltage and if near one another between .2-.3 volts you can connect + to + and - to - with some solid copper house wiring. packs will balance out a bit. This is putting them in parallel. Are you going to use it 24 or 48v? Are you talking about the BYD? You can tell use your cell voltage and over all pack voltages.

Yes these are the BYD modules and I plan on running 24v. Is there a 24v A/C charger made for Lifepo4 batteries to charge them. As they sit they are 23.8 volts each.

Take off front cover, Note in your head if you have a P or A bms. unplug BMS for now. Take off side covers inspect long green PCB for burned traces. Get a multi meter and paper, note the voltage of the pack and each cell. If the cells are in balance you can give it a bit of a charge and see if things stay balanced.

For just a standalone A/C 24v charger the $270 Progressive Dynamics PD9140-24LV comes in 25a and 40a is in the range for these packs. I have never used it but have had good luck with the line of lead acid chargers from them. It should fully charge each cell to about 3.65 about the max i would take them to. If you see any cell over 3.7....STOP and disconnect.

What BMS did you buy?

Well unfortunately after getting 90% done my trailer conversion was struck by a motorist while parked on the street. Hurt it pretty bad and my truck it was attached to. Trying to figure out how to recoup my modifications money and time.

Back