diy solar

diy solar

two 24v Victron Phoenix inverters on 48v battery bank?

lynhnn

I want to connect 2 Victron to create split phase 240v. Each one is hooked to a 24v (2-bb batteries). The 4 batteries are in serial for the Victron mppt charger @ 48v. Is it possible? Anyone did this before?

Thanks

Yes. I can have 2 of these each hooks to 24v in a 48v battery bank. I can combine those two to get a 240v split phase (HHL)

Sorry. No. I completely missed the 24/48V split. Run 48V battery, use 48V inverter.

How about the 48v battery bank? They are split to serve two inverters. I assume DC/AC are fully isolated on the inverters because one inverter (DC-) is also the other inverter (DC+) as both are the mid point of the battery bank.

Not a safe assumption.

Additionally, what happens when one leg of the 240 split phase gets more use than the other draining 1 24V section more than the other, but you're charging 48V?

Yep. Shit show.

No worry about AC output as it is for split phase use only. Is that still ok for the Victrons ?

If you want to hook 2X 24V victrons to the same 24V battery and then have them paralleled in 240VAC split phase, that will work fine.

I heard it is a bad idea to share each 24v on 48v bank right?

Why not configure the battery in parallel and then hook up both inverters to it.

Splitting the battery like you describe would create a severely imbalanced pack. What is the intended purpose of such a configuration?

Does it really matter what we say, or are you just going to do what you want because you think you know better? Given your other thread and the obvious mistake you made by not reading the manual and getting lucky you didn't fry your Victron, you should consider listening.

Suck it up. Do the right thing, and buy another charge controller.

Yes. I want ideal output 240v split. I preferred off grid inverters (Phoenix)

Yes. I want ideal output 240v split. I preferred off grid inverters (Phoenix)
You need to run either a full 24v system or 48v system you can NOT run your inverters the way you have described to get 240v. You need to get another solar charger with higher spec or the same solar charger spec and split panels between the 2 and split your 2xBB Batteries to make 24v in parallel.
If you had asked first, you should of gotten 2x 48v Inverters if you really wanted to have your system at 48v. Now you already have the inverters this is the cheapest option and the safest option. Unless you want to destroy your entire investment by running it in the configuration you have said.

thank you! I won't do it. I just want to know if it is possible. I stay with 24v and I realized that we can do over panels on the chargers. During the winter, it is rarely going over 60% of the rated panel power output and not for long. So the Victron 150/45 is almost impossible reaching/going over 45amp for long.

Thanks!

Almost anything is possible, You could hook Lithium NCA in series with lead-acid. and parallel it with LFP, and for a moment in time, you could have something that works.

Unfortunately, with use, problems mount.

Is it possible? Maye. Should a sane person do it and expect a favorable outcome? No.

Back