diy solar

diy solar

Two 8s Overkills?

Is it a positive wire or a negative?
Positive to the shunt aggregator would be a bad thingTM
Again, the red wire on the negative terminal will be swapped out when the system is functioning as it should.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 3
I like ceramic heaters for stress testing.
A ceramic heater is ~1440 watts ac which works out to ~66 amps dc on a 24 volt nominal system.
If that load doesn't show any hot spots after an hour add a second one.
2 of them is ~132 amps dc.
Make sure you are not driving either bms over its rating of 100 amps.
See if the current flow gets more equitable or less with higher loads.

Why do you have 2 wires to the ground(common) lug on the non-isolated converter?

Also why do you have 2 wires to the positive.out lug?

Why do you have 2 wires to the ground(common) lug on the non-isolated converter?

Also why do you have 2 wires to the positive.out lug?
Because I don’t know what I’m doing. Lol.
The one set is for driving the 12v side of the RV. The other set goes to the generator. To be honest, I don’t know why that’s needed other than it was attached to my old battery. I assume it’s to start the generator. Don’t quote me on that though.

Because I don’t know what I’m doing. Lol.
The one set is for driving the 12v side of the RV. The other set goes to the generator. To be honest, I don’t know why that’s needed other than it was attached to my old battery. I assume it’s to start the generator. Don’t quote me on that though.
I suggest you have a fire extinguisher handy for the stress test.

I just hooked up the AC Input to the MPP and the low battery is charging. I’ll let it go as long as I can and then shut the batteries off for the week while I’m gone and just let the RV fridge be powered by the AC power. Maybe I just need to get the SOC closer and then they’ll stay together. At least I know I did a good top balance and then rearranged the cells to like capacity and then paralleled the sets. So I think it’ll be good, but like I said, I don’t know what I’m doing. ?

Back